Big Fat Surprise-best argument for carnivore!

(Jane Srygley) #1

I read some of this book before and what I got out of it then (in 2014) was that Atkins is the way to go. Now that I’m rereading it (the Kindle version was $1.79 and I’ve never actually purchased the book), I think it makes a VERY compelling case for carnivore! Anyone else notice that?

didn’t read it so can’t comment on it from the book

but yea, atkins is a fab way to go. the old 1972 original version is key, the ‘net the carbs’ and ‘eat this processed atkins brand shakes/bars’ crap is all about the money from the newer standpoint. Old atkins was all about fresh meats and real food.

but I never did well on atkins. I only flourished on Induction, eating biological zero carb. But that list was a ton of carnivore food and that ever small, 2 cups of salad, or 1 pickle LOL…heck I found out real fast I didn’t need that and did so well on all the meat/seafood listed to eat in Induction phase.

then I could not climb the carb ladder. omg every time I reintroduced carbs it was a nightmare…so Induction I thrived, carbs killed me so I opted to hold ‘induction minus the little bit of green he as on that list’ which made me carnivore then HA

eh, just spouting off about atkins a bit LOL

I did well on the original Atkins also, lost some 40 pounds, but then undiagnosed Lyme disease happened and my life was turned upside down. Two years later I finally got the Lyme cured as best as could be (some issues remain to this day) but wasn’t in the frame of mind to go back to Atkins ( I should have) but got back to just enjoying being alive. Took me all this time to come back around to it…