Best way to sear your meat after SV 😉

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

Not that I didn’t already know this, but anyway…

The only thing I disagree with, is that the torch is super practical and easy. Mine stays hooked up to our 20 lb propane bottle all the time. I walk out with the meat, turn on the gas, hit the auto sparker, and my meat is perfectly seared in about 2 minutes. Turn off the gas, and walk back inside to serve dinner :slightly_smiling_face:
Easy peasy :wink:

(Polly) #2

Thanks for sharing this Chris.

Never though of using a weed torch, cheaper than the searzall AND I wanted one anyways! I know what my next stupid purchase is.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #4

Hey one thing I wanted to add…
I’ve heard a few people here or there say that using a torch made their food taste like fuel, but I’m almost certain I know what their problem is… “IF” you try to be wimpy with this torch, and keep the gas turned really low, it will produce a weaker, yellow flame. This means that the fuel is not completely combusting, and yes, this would likely make your food taste nasty.
If your going to use one of these torches, you need to crank that baby up to at least a moderate level, so that the flame turns almost completely whitish blue. Honestly, it should almost disappear in bright daylight. Now, it will still blow yellow flames all over the place “when you start blasting your meat with it” but that is from greases and fats burning on your meat. When you pull the torch away from the meat, it should go almost completely invisible again :slightly_smiling_face:

And BTW, yes, at a medium high setting, these torches are a little loud, and intimidating ! You need to either be a man… Or act like one, for the few minutes that it takes to sear your meat :wink: