Best keto rice replacement?

Can anyone recommend something for me? keto rice, keto bread, keto pasta, keto puff pastry, keto pizza dough?

(Haleigh S) #2

Try cauliflower rice, shiritaki (miracle) rice, Fathead dough or Crazy dough from Gnom gnom.

(Susan) #3

I buy Earthly Choice Cauliflower Rice (Paleo/Keto) from Costco -it takes 90 seconds in the microwave to cook, and it is about $10 for a 6 pack.

For Keto Pizza, I love this recipe:

(Rebecca ) #4

I made my first FatHead Pizza Dough 2 weeks ago and…Lord Have Mercy…DELICIOUS…and easy to make!!!
I don’t eat any pasta substitutes…and I agree with the Riced Cauliflower.
I have the Easy Keto for Busy People book and it has a lot of nice recipes and use average ingredients and aren’t complicated to make!!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #5

I buy 1kg packs of frozen cauliflower - it’s very cheap. For a single portion of ‘rice’ I microwave 250g of frozen cauliflower florets for 4 minutes, then throw it into my mini food processor with salt, pepper and coriander leaves (cilantro) and whizz! It’s delicious.

For mashed ‘fauxtato’ for two, I microwave 750g frozen cauliflower for 20 minutes, then throw in salt, pepper and grated cheddar, and set to with my stick blender. Perfect as an accompaniment to stew, or as a topping for fish pie or cottage pie.

But you could also leave out the rice or potato element altogether - I love a buttery shredded cabbage and leek combo. Or broccoli. Or just have more steak as a side order for steak! :wink:

If I want spaghetti bolognese I’ll make the bolognese and just have it with cabbage or cauliflower, with a ton of cheese on top. I don’t miss pasta!

For rice…I do a lot of stir fry dishes with riced cauliflower. I also liked this Keto Mushroom Wild Rice Pilaf that uses hemp seeds in place of rice.

My go-to for pizza (or cheese bread) is Joseph’s Lavash Bread, a flatbread, as a crust. I can do it in about 5 minutes these days. But I’ve also done a Cheesebuns crust or a Poblano peppers crust. And, now, with the latest keto craze, chaffles, you could even do Pizza Chaffles.

Chaffles are also great for bread or as buns. And work as either a savory or sweet dish.

My easiest sandwich is simply a cheesewich – meat between two slices of cheese. But sometimes I’ll add horseradish, diced onions, and tomatoes. If I want a hot sandwich, I’ll use some Lavash bread outside the cheese slices.

In any case, what I use for bread depends on use and convenience:

I’ve tried both the ThinSlim and Great Low Carb Bread Company baked items. They’re OK, but expensive and filled with a lot of fiber. I always feel bloated and uncomfortable afterwards.