Best Cucumbers Ever!

(Mary McNeight) #1

Silliness aside because this post is about the lowly cucumber but… Ok so for those of you that garden, your next garden HAS to have the Sumter Cucumber in it. Its a pickling cucumber so it grows on the somewhat small size for pickling BUT it does not have any bitterness to it. Ive grown it for two seasons and I can say, as a person who HATED cucumbers before keto, and as a person who hates store cucumbers and even the ones my neighbors grown due to their bitterness, the Sumter Cucumber is the BEST TASTING CUCUMBER EVER. You cant buy this goodness as a pre grown plant in front of the Walmart store, you have to buy and plant the actual seeds. You can find my crazy favorite cucumber on Amazon through Seeds of Change.

Yes, a sugar addict just posted about how much she loves eating a cucumber fresh from her garden. Oh how times have changed. :wink:

(Susan) #2

That is awesome, and everyone here will agree that Cucumbers are way better for you than Sugar! Keto does this to our tastebuds, which is great, enjoy your garden =).

(Steve) #3

Thanks, I will give it a try next growing season. We have sliced cucumber and Braggs vinegar with our breakfast just about every day.

(Ken) #4

My Cukes are coming in now. I keep a “Pickle Barrel” five gallon bucket going for half sour Claussen type refrigerator pickles. After three days of fermentlg I jar them and put them in the fridge. When I run out of fridge space I’ll just leave them in the bucket for Full Sours. Just like the old time pickles found in General Stores.

I use “American Pickling” plants, but it’s because they’re the only pickling type available as started plants in my town.