Best Book on Carnivore?

(Davy) #1

Did a search, found nothing.
Anyone have recommendations for the best book on the Carnivore WOE?

(Elizabeth ) #2

Dr Shawn Bakerā€™s book

I googled ā€˜carnivore diet booksā€™ and hit quite a few of them.
I never did books tho. I just did online info for myself to go carnivore.

The Carnivore Diet Handbook is one I saw.
Definitely what Elizedge said.
saw a few more you can check out. google again and I hit amazon offering up some options.

(Davy) #4

Thanks all, Saw this one on Amzn and it was a top 3 after researching. Finally bought one for my Kindleā€¦something to read and inspire every now and then. Bought ā€˜Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: How Meat heals and why plants hate you and want to kill you.ā€™
Itā€™s supposed to be the most cutting edge with everything thatā€™s been learnedā€¦published 2019.

very cool find.

when you get into it and soak up some infoā€¦come back and pass on some great tidbits.

that lineā€¦meat heals and why plants hate ya and kill yaā€¦LOLā€¦wow :slight_smile:
they got right to the point on that one HA

(Jack Bennett) #6

I got Dr Bakerā€™s book for Christmas. I did a fast read through and am going through more slowly now. Itā€™s a pretty quick read. Straightforward and not exceedingly technical. Itā€™s well-cited, though not to a Gary Taubes levelā€¦

(Tabania Crockett) #7

Just read Craig & Maria Emmerichā€™s ā€œThe Carnivore Cookbookā€. Donā€™t be put off by the name. I bought it for the first half, which was all about the science behind the carnivore WOE and how to get started. Havenā€™t looked at the recipes, and probably wonā€™t.
Also really looking forward to Paul Saladinoā€™s ā€œThe Carnivore Codeā€, which releases in about two weeks. Iā€™ve seen quite a few interviews with him and expect the book to be full of good info, including his Plant Toxicity Spectrum, which lists plants with the fewest antinutrients, for those who want to be more ketovore than carnivore.

@tlcrocket25 Ah, thanks for that reminder to preorder Dr. Saladinoā€™s new book. Gotta go do that right nowā€¦

(Tabania Crockett) #9

It comes out the day before my Social Security check.:blush:

(Bob M) #10

That would be interesting. I find plants are tricky. For instance, a lot of people use zucchini to make zoodles. That causes me issues. But, I can handle spaghetti squash with apparently no problems.

I personally think Paul Saladino can be a little strange with his eating. He only eats raw yolks but not the whites, for instance. And he eats raw liver daily. Thatā€™s a bit tough for me.

I have been under-cooking my steaks/beef lately, so that I sear the outside but leave the inside raw(er). This seems to work well. But eating raw liver might be a step too far for me, right now. And only eating raw yolks means thereā€™s a lot Iā€™d miss (no chaffles for example).

(Tabania Crockett) #11

I hear you, on all fronts. Iā€™m trying to mix a little bit of liver with my ground beef. Still trying to find the right amount for me.

Right now trying to do a full 60 days ā€œfullā€ carnivore, but looking forward to adding back mozzarella for the chaffles.

(mole person) #12

He goes through phases and changes his mind a fair bit. I donā€™t think heā€™s actually having that many eggs anymore. Heā€™s no longer convinced that they are the superfood he thought previously. And he seems to not be doing as much liver either. But that might be because heā€™s getting some other organs too now.

Personally, I like my liver seared and cooked to a perfect medium. Pink inside but not red and the slippery texture gone.

(danjo171) #13

The best carnivore book is still being written.
https://facultativecarnivore.com
L. Amber Oā€™hearn

@ctviggen Yeah, Iā€™ve seen other docs stressing the raw egg yokes but Iā€™m not sure why? I just scramble the whole egg cause I want my moneyā€™s worth, lol. And raw liver? Ewww :eyes:

(Jack Bennett) #15

Raw egg white contains avidin protein which binds biotin. I guess thatā€™s undesirable so some people recommend against eating it. Thatā€™s what got me to change from whole eggs to egg yolks only in my protein shakes. :fried_egg:

@ajbennett Okay, that makes sense, and if I was adding raw egg yokes to protein shakes Iā€™d avoid the whites too, but I thought I read that cooking the whites avoided that biotin binding problem?

(Jack Bennett) #17

That agrees with what Iā€™ve heard - itā€™s only an issue with raw egg white. If youā€™re cooking egg whites or whole eggs itā€™s apparently not something to worry about.