Bergamot oil and autophagy

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1

Thought this was interesting I may have to switch over to tea with bergamot oil.

(57da1864057add858d6f) #2

I take citrus bergamot extract- it’s Jarrow brand I think, in capsules, because I’d read about its effects on autophagy. I figure it can’t hurt!

(Amalia Yosefa) #3

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I will have to add a few drops to my diffusor!

(Bunny) #4

This native Italian fruit of Calabria Italy also seems to be an ingredient in Earl Grey Tea.

I wonder what mechanisms causes its rough uneven bumpy exterior of this particular fruit, not only in that region of the world but other regions have similar bumpiness rather than a smoother surface of that seen in similar fruits of the same species?

Eating the peel of the fruit (although some can be poisonous) seems to be better than the internal components of the fruit itself, where all the actual beneficial compounds are actually located (behind the thin surface of the outer external skin)?

Interesting?

Notes:

[1] Anticancer activity of liposomal bergamot essential oil (BEO) on human neuroblastoma cells Abstract: Citrus extracts, particularly bergamot essential oil (BEO) and its fractions, have been found to exhibit anticancer efficacy. However, the poor water solubility, low stability and limited bioavailability have prevented the use of BEO in cancer therapy. To overcome such drawbacks, we formulated BEO liposomes that improved the water solubility of the phytocomponents and increased their anticancer activity in vitro against human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. The results warrant further investigation of BEO liposomes for in vivo applications.

(Doug) #5

Good mention, Iced. A dense and interesting read, there.