Beginner Keto Macro's Question

(Chris ) #1

Hello,
I just started the keto diet in hopes of lower my body fat percentage (currently at 19-20% and I weigh roughly 157 pounds). From what I’ve read the basic macro split is around 75% fat 5% carbs and 25% protein, Although for the past few days I’ve been eating 100g of fat, 20g of net carbs, and 80g of protein.
Should I lower the protein and bring the fat up a bit or will this work?
Thanks in advance for your input.

(Bart) #2

Personally I think that is good, but getting those last 10-15 pounds off takes time and patience. Don’t expect it to melt off rapidly. Throw some intermittent fasting in there, that will help.

(Bacon for the Win) #3

do you know what your lean body mass is? I would eat protein to the recommended level for LBM and fat to satiety. And 20g carbs or less. You may be right on target or you may have to adjust. Just my two cents.

(Chris ) #4

According to this calculator I found online, my BMI is between 125.6-127.2 LBS.

(Chris ) #5

For intermitted fasting would a fast from 6pm to 10-12am the next day be good or must I fast for a longer period of time?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6

That would work well for intermittent fasting, for many eating around lunch versus dinner results in greater insulin reduction and weight loss. Infod available in:

2KetoDudes Eating Patterns

Meal timing influence research

Dr. Fung & Intermittent Fasting

Those figures sound about right. I just work a different way really and don’t have fixed daily % because I can’t be bothered to track!

I just use <20g carbs (ideally total)
Protein scaled to LBM (1-1.5g per kg LBM)
Fat to satiety

Things very within that daily depending how hungry I am or what is in the fridge that day.