Beating the heat

(Ellen) #1

So, as it’s now officially bastard hot (yes, that is the technical term) here in Blighty, how’s everyone coping? We have no A/C in the office so it’s all a bit melty :unamused: I might give in and buy some minimilks (5.1g carbs for one).

(Allie) #2

I’m fine… actually this morning in the office I still had my fleece on and no air con here. Yesterday was OMAD (evening meal) and not eaten since and fasting reduces my body temp so all good.

(Ellen) #3

Hmm, that might work, not eaten since around 15.00hrs yesterday, maybe it’s just me, I don’t handle the heat too well, almost afraid of burning just by sitting near a window.

(Allie) #4

It really helps me. Normally part of my struggle with fasting is how cold I get as I hate being cold, so this is the perfect weather for it.

(Ellen) #5

Decided to take your approach and just fast for a bit, fingers crossed.

Fasted yesterday & until 6pm tonight- was really cold last night, went to bed with a hot water bottle!! I love the heat… one of the appeals of keto was that people said they’re really warm? Hasn’t happened to me yet!!

(Allie) #7

I’ve never heard of anyone being warm and certainly never experienced it myself, plenty complaining about the cold feeling during fasting though.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #8

God, I hate being cold. And it never fails. Every office job I’ve ever had, my desk was always placed right under the vent/fan, so when everyone else got warm, they will turn the a/c full blast and I would freeze out.

I actually have a blanket at my desk right now as well as a space heater.

And people be: I can’t take this heat.
While I’m wrapped up like a burrito.

(Allie) #9

@Anniegirl9 I’ve had that too and it’s awful! That was pre-keto too so the thought of sitting under one of those things while fasting is just terrifying :anguished:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #10

I can’t ever wear any summer clothes. Even though shorts and capris are allowed, I have to wear long pants and sweaters to work or I can’t stand it.

Then when I get outside to a nice day, I’m swealtering.:weary: