Bacon Poll.. Limp vs crispy

food

(Jody) #121

When I bite it … if it doesn’t squeal … it was over cooked.

just like my steak … it should still moo and give milk … i’ll bite off what I want and ride the rest home.

I am working toward (actually a VERY easy transition as I was 99% there already) a raw carnivore diet. I put just enough “color” on the outside of the meat that my wife doesn’t have to see I am eating raw meat :smiley:

(Ellen) #122

You might be pleased to hear I had non crispy bacon yesterday, used it to wrap around slices of avocado; pretty darn tasty.

I like my bacon as fatty (i.e. limp) as possible, but I just had an idea. If you cook bacon really crispy, can it be eaten like chips or as a substitute for jerky? Like, if it’s crispy and dry, it’s not going to spoil if you throw it in a backpack for a daylong hike or something, right??

Could be a great snack idea…

(Sarah Slancauskas) #124

Limp. You retain the texture, fat and juices. I don’t like when it’s so crispy it snaps! Much better with less cooking in my opinion (but doesn’t this go for most meat?)

(TJ Borden) #125

Not just your opinion, that’s a fact

(Sarah Slancauskas) #126

Agree. Much prefer juicy. Limp puts us at a disadvantage with the, erm, negative connotation that comes with it :flushed::joy:

Yes.
Here in the UK you can buy pre cooked chilled packs of crispy bacon.

I think it is intended to be crumbled on top of salads, but I think it is wasted that way.

I just eat it.

Lovely.

Do folks who like their bacon crispy also like their rib eye well done? :rofl:

(TJ Borden) #129

Heathens

(LeeAnn Brooks) #130

I just read a post on FB where a guy trying the bacon experiment couldn’t finish it because he didn’t like bacon.

My actual reply to him:
I’m just going to say what everyone is thinking.
There’s something wrong with you.

I told you people on FB be crazy.

(Doug) #131

:smile::sunglasses::smile:

(Aimee Moisa) #132

I like thick cut bacon made crispy, I’d rather have it burnt than undercooked.

(Aimee Moisa) #133

Ooh, I like your new word: flobboly

I’m gonna try to find uses for that word in my every day speech, it’s just awesome!

I hope you can tell I’m NOT being sarcastic. People can never tell with me.

(Doug) #134

There’s a pretty wide range where I like bacon - from really crispy to really limp and heavy and fatty. But it’s still cooked. (I’ve seen talk of eating raw bacon; well, not for me.)

Used to eat ribeyes medium-well. Now it’s either medium or medium-well. It’s still cooked.

crispy! :slight_smile:

(Ron) #136

Being left handed means “of course” I am one of the lucky ones that is in the right frame of mind (left side of brain controls right side of body , etc) so since crispy is far superior, you right handed people that like it otherwise need to work on mind frame set to join the group that is thinking right!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(TJ Borden) #137

Nice try. I’m left handed too, and I still say crispy bacon dishonors the pig and it’s sacrifce. Although, my wife says I don’t use either side of my brain… whatever that means.

(Ron) #138

chalk that up to another disorder Keto has to fix. LOL

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #139

@Tmdlkwd soft of course. There is no other way.

(Troy) #140

+1 @daddyoh
So true!
No other way :grinning: