Bacon Poll.. Limp vs crispy

food

(Jane) #81

Not crispy for sure. But not super limp so I guess somewhere in between.

(RL) #82

I grew up with a healthy fear instilled in me of undercooked pork and chicken. Beef (other than ground) can be essentially raw and that is o.k., but not pork or chicken.

As a result, I ensure all pork and chicken is cooked thoroughly (which is why I only eat dark meat chicken…just because you can overcook it and it’s still moist).

I prefer my bacon limpy, but I always end up crispy because it’s pork and I want it cooked thoroughly.

(Kellie) #83

I put mct oil on mine while it cooks so it ends up really crispy :joy: I like both ways but I want more fat so I add oil and it ends up crispy

(Shayne) #84

I’m so impatient I start eating the bacon (and sharing bits with the pets) before it even gets near a pan! I prefer it on the crispier side and my daughter prefers it limpier, so I pull hers out before it’s done and give mine a few more minutes.

Crispy (not burned) with one exception. I put a butt-ton of bacon in a pot of green beans. That stuff is limp, but very, very good.

(Diane) #86

Yep, that’s how I’d put it too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The difference is one is what a picky five year old American child might do and the other is what a world renown French chef might do. Assuming you were being literal, because I wasn’t.

(Ron) #88

I wasn’t either.:smile:

(Rob) #89

…prelude to the Great Bacon Done-ness Wars of the 2020’s where escalation to the use of nuclear weapons to ensure glowing crispy-ness was the final apocalyptic straw.

“They blew it up! God, damn you! Damn you all to hell!!!”

It is such a mixed blessing to own a Delorean with a working flux capacitor… :roll_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #90

Baconnaise just might be on my agenda tomorrow! :heart_eyes_cat:

Oh man, that sucks. :sob:

I’m a bacon-wrapped-cream cheese-stuffed jalapeno addict.

OH NO, it’s the “which way do you hang the toilet paper?” controversy, all over again! :scream:

(Randy) #91

(Rob) #92

Those are some bacon-loving keto bods!!

“You can have my bacon when you pry it from my cold dead hands!!”

(KCKO, KCFO) #93

Not picky at all. Both have great merits, so just pass me the :bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Randy) #94

(Rob) #95

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Robert C) #96

If you are going to eat crispy bacon for many many years - you may want to check out this talk. (At around 18 minutes she gets into why you don’t want charred meat.)

(LeeAnn Brooks) #97

Crispy isn’t the same thing as charred.

(Ron) #98

@Anniegirl9
Agreed and even in the video she admits that it is virtually impossible to measure damaging levels in humans.

(Steve) #99

The PAH thing is the basis for the theory that ALL smoked meats are carcinogenic. (so, both crispy as well as limp bacon have them).

Edit: The other problem is…what was the diet of the test animals that they stated that PAH’s caused cancer in? The high carb north american diet? :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #100

She lost me completely as soon as she said we really shouldn’t grill or smoke meat. We can tease about limp or crispy bacon, but don’t fuck with my smoked brisket. That’s serious shit.