Bacon Ends&Pieces In Canada

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #1

Ive found Bacon Ends and Pieces at:

• Superstore for $11/2kg in the frozen meat section.
  • Co-Op - no luck at any location I’ve looked so far (around west Edmonton).

Still to check:

• Safeway
  • Sobeys
  • Save-On
  • Wal Mart

Has anyone else found it at any (large) grocery chain in Canada?

Here’s a hint…talk to their supplier manager at coop. Or any ther grocery store. If they find out that there is a product in demand purchased at a competitor store, they will bring batches in to test sales volumes. Show them the product you bought at superstore (take photo with your phone).

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #3

'will do. Thanks for the hint.

I’m worried though that I may be their only demand. :slight_smile:

With the crappy economy down in the dumps in Alberta, I think you will be helping lots of families out with more availability of cheaper bacon ends. And superstore sells them…so there is a demand somewhere.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #5

Incidentally, here’s the brand I found in Superstore:

(John Cotter) #6

I’ll keep a closer watch now, tried looking at stores around here and hadn’t found them.

(Tom) #7

Heck, just start calling them “Bouts de bacon” and watch as it instantly becomes exotic and popular, leading everyone to carry it.

I’m not in Canada, but this thread inspired my dinner tonight!

(Amy) #9

I’m going to check for those at the Superstore here! I currently purchase them from my local butcher.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #10

Funny…I went and talked to the store manager at my local Co-Op tonight to see if they’d buy these in. He said that they’ve stocked them previously but they weren’t a good seller and many people complained that there was too much fat in the box. I said yeah but that’s what I want! Other Co-Op’s though may stock it, but that’s up to the local manager.

Wow…too much fat in bacon? That’s a nice “problem” to have!!