Avocados - net or gross carbs?

food

(Cindy) #21

That’s with the sugar alcohols subtracted. Box says it’s 3 g carb, 1 g sugar, 2 g sugar alcohols.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #22

Net carbs, but personally, I think Avocados are close to being gross. Not a fan. All texture, no flavor.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #23

You’re using a blend then. I buy 3# bags of pure from Amazon.

(Cindy) #24

Actually, now that I read the box better, it says that it’s zero net carbs. The 1 gram is from tagatose which the packages “says” has no effect on blood sugar. It really doesn’t matter…I usually use 1-2 packets in my coffee or tea. If I count them, it just means I had fewer carbs than I thought. :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #25

That’s why you add citrus and salt. Avocado is a delivery platform. Like FEDEX, but good for you.

(brian) #26

Net carbs for natural food like Avocado
All carbs in manufactured food like bars or shakes or baked goods (hardly ever have them thanks to this)

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #27

why don’t I just salt my lime juice and leave the creamy vegetable wax out of it?

(Running from stupidity) #28

Because you then miss the benefits you get from avocados :slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #29

I dunno. I’m not missing anything. They don’t do anything for me flavor wise. If I really needed them, they’d say, “Yo, Flavortown”

(Full Metal KETO AF) #30

@LeCheffre No one is forcing you to eat them. Absolutely not necessary for avocado haters, more for me! I just like them with salt, no lemon or pepper. They have plenty of flavor when salted and properly ripe. And you must get haas avocados in my opinion. And guacamole is located in flavortown!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

If God had wanted us to eat avocadoes, he’d have made them taste like bacon! :bacon::bacon: