August-Palooza!

(Kellyn ) #310

This month of zero carb, I have lost 7 pounds and 7 1/2 inches. I have learned that dairy is a trigger for my eczema. I am feeling great on zero carb and looking forward to September. I have added back eggs and will try a zero carb cake for my birthday this month. Thank you for all your support in August and see you all on the September thread.

(Polly) #312

Billie looks a lot like my dog a black labrador from a gundog breed. I think they are simply the best :paw_prints::heart:

Since returning to the ZC WOE I have lost 8.8 pounds and I am back in the weight range I was in before lockdown hit.

Planning to lose, maybe, another 10lbs to get to what I think will be my natural weight.

Most importantly, I am feeling well.

(Edith) #313

Such a nice shiny coat!

OMG we are such a small group here handling zero carb but I am over the moon on all your posts, I am super thrilled to be reading just how great Aug has been treating each of you!

I am truly just thrilled to read all this from ya’ll!! :sunny:

this is over the top great and super congrats!!! I also am looking forward to Sept…together we got this! All in and reap the benefits!! Inspiring post KP!

WOW and another wow on this…feeling great is key isn’t it? It tops all the other ‘dieting baggage and thoughts’ and just puts life so into a natural realm…all good things do come to us if we hold zc and give it time but BAM!..8.8 and back to a healthy range where you want to be and close to goal and you are doing OH SO fine!!! Happy for you!

THANKS FB!!! that is one cute pic of one nice pooch! I know that will be a lean mean meat eating machine as she ages, not the fat chunky out of shape doggies that are nailed with grain food in their lives…your lovely pooch will love you for just that!!! Too damn cute :smile:

Guys we are on our way to Sept and going all in and everyone think what their ‘focus will be about zc and me’ thru Sept!!

You all got me pumped heading into Sept. cause we will change and grow all for the better…too darn cool!!

(Laurie) #315

Thank you all for letting me hang out with you for a while. Thanks also for the info on what carnivore really means.

At this point I can’t commit to this diet. I’m a senior and using a shared kitchen during Covid times, so food prep is a challenge. I buy a lot of precooked and packaged meats. I buy the best and most unadulterated I can, but some additives get in there, or it isn’t grass fed, or whatever…

Psychologically as well, I’m not sure I could do it. I need a plan I can stick with for the long haul. If I stray slightly, I’ll feel like a failure and give up.

Good luck in September!

Ahhhh it literally is ok if zc plan doesn’t fit in just yet for you and it might never, you just find your best plan and always make it suit you.

That is all any of us can do!

With us on Zero Carb/Carnivore we won’t and don’t want to eat plant veg and we have convictions and science behind what we do but nature at our time in our lives also pointed us here, if you are not here at all or don’t need to be that is super cool too!!

I know you got a bright light in you islandlight that will shine thru and give you what you need to make it all work for you at all times, just throw some time into what you need and make it all about you and bob and weave thru it all and ya got this!!!

oh and there are master experts about Keto Plan on this forum to help you along the way when ya drop zc and go that way. They are so good at helping those people along newer to Keto and needing assistance!! You are still in a great forum for sure!

I stopped my attempts too but I surely will have carni days and I have serious plans for winter where carnivore is possible for me as I have no fruit seasons (just because I don’t need or particularly fruits I can’t not eat them when I have them and I don’t have a very good reason not to anyway).
I get meat until then.

But my keto/low-carb probably never will be the same as before. My woe permanently changed and now things fluctuate and search for some balance, it will calm down in the near future, I presume. I don’t force anything, no need, I keep changing anyway. My mind and body has things to work with and these inevitably shift my behavior even if I am not strict, I had that before with keto. My basic attitude changed, I don’t use a lot of keto-friendly but not carnivore stuff I used before… I still have no idea what my woe will be eventually but I will have carni days and probably weeks but I plan a longer time too. Because it’s easy and I don’t miss anything during such a short time, normally (if I have enough good meat but I can get it if the farm will be back and doesn’t even raise prices as it did with the roosters, it was quite severe. last year I bought small amounts as I just tried them out but now I know what I want and even with a little freezer, there are options: making a big stew/roast right away, canning meat but I never did that)…

Now I stopped the troublesome tracking too, I do low-carb and we will see. My main dishes and snacks will be mostly carnivore as usual. The carnivore versions of some of my fav dishes are better than the keto or “normal” ones anyway… Even Alvaro’s pancakes have almost zero plant matter in them - until he fills them, at least. I dislike making different stuff for him when my version is superior and not even expensive.

I probably can’t stop myself to try carni days in the very near future, it’s a bit addictive…

(Edith) #318

I just spoke to my hubby to let him know of my plan. I am on for the September challenge.

wow you are gonna go all in and go for it…very cool. We will all be doing zc right along with ya and we will have a great thread rolling for support~! Happy you are on board :sunny:

hmm, you got me wondering on this one cause isn’t pancakes just some type of flour, like all plants? What are you guys making here?
just curious :smile:

She’s a low carb healthy fats Labrador. I might not be able to stay on plan as well as @Fangs encourages us to, but I can control my pup’s diet (and that inspires me to do better with mine).

Saw this post (old post) from @barefootbob of “Another Carnivore Thread” fame. This interesting head cheese style food called “Souse”.

very cool…I miss Bob in our chats!

Well, normal pancakes are eggs, watered down and ruined with flour :smiley: And possibly with sugar/sweetener but I never understood that, it just makes it burn easier. But egg is the only important ingredient in my eyes, it was the case even as a kid, my Mom used little flour and lots of eggs in pancakes :slight_smile: I went a bit farther but I am an egg maniac. I tried zillion keto/paleo pancakes but water and oily seed flour just ruined it (except the awesome macadamia flour I can’t get anymore).

My pancakes have eggs and a bit of sour cream only, ideally I fry them in butter - or in lard if I know they won’t be sweet. They are very good pancakes for me, my favorite kind. My flour is hard-boiled egg yolk but as I don’t add extra liquid, just thick sour cream, it doesn’t need much :smiley:
These are Hungarian pancakes so crêpes (but just pancakes to me) so the dough is less thick than most sauces. We fill them with something and roll them up. There are sweet and savory kinds alike. Maybe I mentioned already that a famous Hungarian pancake is filled with meat (as I was a vegetarian and never tried it out in restaurants, I looked it up now… meat stew, usually veal and on the outside, sour cream. paprika inside and outside, it must be great…).

Awesome. You should make the comment a stand alone recipe post, I reckon. They sound better than chaffles. Thanks for sharing! If you want to start a forum fire you could title the post “Better than chaffles” (and say Fangs said to call it that).

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=pancakes

For ‘sweet’ pancakes I cube up some Kent pumpkin (yanks call it squash, I think?), slow cook it in an iron dish with butter on a wood fire stove. When starting to brown, I put it into the oven for half an hour. Then I mash it with more butter, then I add the eggs. they would probably be even better with the light sour cream. It makes thick sweet pancakes that are keto friendly and would tempt a carnivore who is not sticking to plan.

(Edith) #326

Please post your recipe. :yum:

Are we talking something more like crepes to use as a roll up for other stuff, your using pancakes but to me here in USA pancakes are sugar crap nightmare but I think I get ya…sounds more like a crepe thing?

Cool S

It’s super simple, really and I never was sure it suits more normal taste… I love eggs and I prefer most things being quite eggy. I never understood people complaining about paleo/keto breads being too eggy :smiley: But pancakes are all about eggs, just like sponge cakes - and thin ones can get away without any powder-like “flour”…

I use this for 3 thin pancakes:

2 eggs
1 hard-boiled egg yolk, crumbled
20g sour cream (20% fat as we have this in this country)
I mix it with some kind of mixer, it will be quite thin but just fine for crepes :slight_smile: Or if it’s thin, I sometimes used a tiny bit of fiber in the past but more cream and egg yolk crumble should do the trick too. Even fried ground pork skin but that changes the flavors, obviously.

It’s my zillionth pancake recipe but the simplest and best. But very eggy so only for egg fans…

(Edith) #329

Thank you.