August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #262

I’ve got my CGM and am planning a fast starting tomorrow night, after supper. I will probably use some MCT oil to supplement. I’m going for autophagy. Really looking forward to seeing my results. I’m going to occasionally check ketones, as my glucose levels should give an indication, relatively speaking.

(Katie) #263

Hello all!
With a heavy heart, I feel that I need to say farewell to a dear dear friend of mine. This is my Ode to HWC.

oh heavy whipping cream! You’ve been the light of my life, the smile in my mornings. You’ve been my protector against the stomach acid that churns after drinking coffee…
In the past I’ve heard others complain of inflammation, and have silently scoffed, too smitten with your creaminess to believe it. You would never do that to me… we were made for each other!
However, as sad as it is, since I’ve introduced fasting into our lives, you’ve rebuked me, forsaken me…
Why can I not enjoy you anymore in my morning coffee as i once did? You curse me with dry mouth and phlegm all morning. I thought you were the one for me…
Or is it just something I’ve chosen to over look over the years… of course it’s just pollen causing my morning phlegm… I’m only thirsty because I’ve been working hard?
No, there is no more denying the inevitable. You aren’t the friend I thought you were. We will have to part ways. My only real concern is does this imply I’ll have to take a second look at your cousin, cheese? Sigh. Why do all the things you enjoy bring you harm?

(Katie) #264

Hey! Keep up the good work! It can be tough, especially once you can see the end is near. Power through! You never know what you’re capable of until you try doing it!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #265

Happy Thursday Fasters! I am 24 hours in and going for about 39 this time. School started yesterday and everything went great but I’m exhausted! It has really helped me to have my meal times and days planned out for the week, that has helped me skip the kitchen when I have felt hungry or in need of some comforting food.

Can you wait to take those until you are in bed? I wonder if that would help keep you out of the kitchen. Or maybe ask your doc for a different prescription that doesn’t trigger a desire to eat?

I’ve had to give it up too, and with it coffee as well. I won’t drink coffee without plenty of HWC, to the point where I couldn’t say I was fasting. So it’s green tea in the morning for me. Plenty of caffeine to get me going. But I do miss my coffee & cream.

(Carol) #266

So I had a winning Wednesday but tripped-up Thursday had me eating a meal. But, if I look at the positive side, I did a 2x ADF this week. I’m getting closer. lol

Everyone seems to be doing very well this week so, kcfo!

(Susan) #267

I take them and go straight to bed.

(Susan) #268

49 hours in, Feeling great! Going for 72 hours. Off to bed.
Accountability seems to have worked for me last night. Good fasting all!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #269

It’s Friday!! Happy Friday everyone!!

I’m 39 hours in and planning on 2 meals today. Tomorrow I fast while I take my Leadership class on an overnight retreat. We stay at a YMCA that makes decent food, but probably not anything that I could eat anyway, so I’m fasting tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll have some eggs and bacon for breakfast, if not, I’ll just wait until I get home on Sunday.

@xsuebeex here’s an article about meal timing that may help keep you accountable at bed time.

Have a great day everyone! KCFO

(Mame) #270

it’s fasting Friday! although it didn’t work out for me that way.
… but still wishing all fasting or not a great day and great weekend.

I am going to be flying out of town for a long weekend of fun with very little food-based fun. A good change up for me. As always I plan on weighing less when I return as that goal seems to keep me on track/plan.

:purple_heart:

(Susan) #271

Thank you Andi!
I eat OMAD. I take my pills on an empty stomach so they work right away, and then I eat after I take them so that they stay in my system longer. I have trained myself to eat after the pills. When I take them and eat, I am ok. Sometimes if I plan a fast, the pills kick in and my brain says “where’s the food?”. If I don’t hold off long enough, I end up sleep eating and bingeing. This thread has kept me accountable for two nights so far. 63 hours in and I am feeling great. Of course I didn’t sleep for very long, but that is a trade off.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #272

I wonder if some MCT oil might help.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #273

Starting a new fast: 48-72 hours
*ISF is the fluid around cells

Time ISF BG BK GKI Note
T0 80 75 1.6 2.6 Aug 22
T12 68
T24 66 68 2.1 1.8 Aug 23

(Not a cow) #274

Fasting Movie on you tube for anyone who hasn’t seen it. Don’t know how long it will be available

Guest stars : Jason Fung

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #275

I’m about 61hrs into my fast
ISF: 43 (fluid around cells)
BG: 54:
BK: 4.9
GKI: 0.61

Unless things change I’ll break around the 73 hour mark.
I’m feeling pretty good here.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #276

I’ve seen that Fasting movie, it was (maybe still is) on Prime. It’s got some solid nuggets of information and inspiration, mixed in with some stories that seemed like a bizarre fit for a movie about Fasting. Worth watching overall.

I just wrapped up 41 hours including my class retreat, where I fasted through dinner in a dining room with 60 teens and 6 other adults who were eating. Nobody said a word about me not eating until a few hours later when one of my colleagues said, “you must be hungry since you skipped dinner.” I told her I was used to it and elaborated a bit and everyone was happy. I’m super proud of myself for fasting through that dinner, I wasn’t even sure going in to the dining room if I could do it. Once I saw the offerings though … it was easy to decide not to grab a plate :wink:.

I hope you’re all enjoying a lovely summer weekend!! KCFO!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #277

I’m at around 66hrs
BG: 46
BK: 4.8
GKI: 0.53

This will be it for this fast. It looks like I’ll make the 72 hours just fine.

I may do another one next month, or maybe just some 48 hours fasts. I’m not sure what I want to do.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #278

Ended my fast at around 73.5 hours.
ISF: 47
BG: 51
BK: 6.1
GKI: 0.46

(Susan) #279

That is awesome, you did great, congrats =).

(Jason ) #280

I started a fast last night at 7 PM, and right now I am definitely going 48 hours, and maybe will drag it out to 72 if I am feeling it. Last week was impossible with travel and work meetings, so I didn’t try and fast at all. Heck, I only made OMAD one day last week. That being said I was making decent choices in foods, so not too bad.

(Bob M) #281

I’m trying a 4.5 day fast (Sunday night to sometime Friday), which I’m trying to do quarterly. This will be my third this year. I’m trying fasting drops and more salt/pickle juice/potassium than last time, when I got a calf/lower leg cramp at night on Thursday.

Black coffee, green tea, water, otherwise.

I may also go to the gym and lift weights to failure on Friday morning. We’ll see.