Ate bread

(Richard M) #1

I made a scaled down version of thanksgiving dinner today. Got a new stove a wanted to give it a trail run. I made my mom’s dressing with bread. To me it tasted store bought or fake. I hated it. Tasted nothing like I remember. I asked everyone what it tasted like and they all said it tasted great, the same. I have not eaten bread since last Christmas. Is this normal to have lost/change your taste for bread or carbs for that matter?

Since being on this WOE I have eaten food I normally didn’t eat but eventually grew to likened it. Is it the opposite with carbs? You change your tastebuds on this WOE so much that carbs don’t taste the same. Is that an accurate or fair assumption?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Yes, actually.

(Butter Withaspoon) #3

I’ve lost interest in a lot of carbohydrate foods now. Sometimes I try something and it’s ok, sometimes it even tastes good, mainly I’m not very interested. Junk food and takeaway food tastes pretty woeful though.

Toasted sourdough bread with a good butter- pretty sure I could really enjoy a piece still.

(Carnivore for the win) #4

My tastes have changed significantly since cutting out carbs. I look at foods that I used to crave or enjoy, and they generate zero interest, as I know if I try them, they will not taste the same.

(Laurie) #5

I was a bread addict/lover. But after a while without it, it tasted like sawdust.

yes tastes sure do change and also we get so much wiser about what is ‘real food’ vs. what crap is out there too :slight_smile:

(Jane) #7

Plain ole bread has no appeal anymore and not wasting my carbs on it… but my homemade yeast rolls slathered in butter that melt in your mouth - still delicious. I only make them twice a year so no big deal (for me). I thoroughly enjoy them, does not trigger binges or eating other carbs and it is a special treat.

YMMV

(Robin) #8

I have no idea, but congratulations!
PS… I had a great chuckle at the topic title, Ate Bread. LOL.

(Richard M) #9

Do you have the recipe to share?

Can’t say my taste buds have changed for certain overall, or with particular foods, since I haven’t really eaten many of those things since the change over to this WOE. But as to breads, I was never really into breads even before all this. But just recently was introduced by a person to check out a low carb bread that’s called 647 bread. (6 carbs a slice) I picked some up a few days later, since I do know the Wife & Son had both mentioned missing it over the years. … It isn’t bad I guess, but it’s no different than how I felt about breads beforehand. But have used it here and there, for something like a Burger, since most times they are eaten directly off the plate. But I have started liking some low carb wraps I picked up. It is also better since it has other uses, such as for a quick pizza crust replacement, or a wrap that can be toasted, which is convenient & also changes the overall taste some too, if one wants a bit of change.

(Jane) #11

I feel guily sharing a non-keto bread recipe here. I’ll PM it to you.

(David Cooke) #12

Well it’s time to ask why Americans call the stuff they call bread, bread? Even when I was a carb eater I heartily disliked the processed and chemically destroyed stuff, although I do sometimes lust for a slice of toast.
Where I live now I can’t get decent bread either, and I got quite good at making bread before I gave up on it.