Artisanal Creminelli salamis! Heritage pigs, humanely raised + regional Italian flavors

salami
open-pasture-pork
small-farms
keto-snacks
charcuterie

I finally went searching again for high quality Italian dried meats to add pizazz to simple meals of cheese n’ almond crackers n’ olives. And I found Creminelli!!! Cristiano Creminelli started his artisanal charcuterie company in 2007.

Salami is traditionally used in reasonably small amounts, as a taste-sensation to counterbalance cheese and other tastes. @Madeleine probably knows more about that!

It can be economical and low carb if you use the salami sparingly in the meal as a sort of seasoning, 2 -3 slices that are nibbled and savored… on a plate along with hard boiled eggs, sardines, cheeses, almond flour crackers, oh my! But even if a person had… 5-7 slices, the carbs are still manageable (but getting pricey).

I expect all salami to have carbs as they do use sugars - but not a problem for me on an OMAD day! The pigs are open pasture, but not grassfed. Fed “White grains” instead of yellow grains, and I don’t know what that means exactly.

(Thought you’d be interested in the below stout salami @Baytowvin! Except it’s sold by an external vendor, heavy shipping charges)

And, I just found a COUPON to use at Amazon checkout when buying multiple Creminelli items: Use the code: CREMMEAT at checkout in the promotion code box. I think maybe the coupon may be just for items purchased from Creminelli’s shop on Amazon, not other Amazon-fulfilled ones.

(Sam H) #3

I get a pig once a year to make sausages and salami on my girlfriends family farm.

Ingredients are: pig, salt, pepper, chilli and a preservative…which apparently you can’t get around.

The Italians know how to live!

Yes, they do!

Looks like Creminelli uses natural starter cultures for preservative.

That’s a lot of work you do once a year - but well worth it!!!

Aaaand, for those who prefer Spanish style dry sausage, called Fuet, this is another artisanal source I found on Amazon - all grassfed! 14.99 for 7 oz.

(Ken) #6

Instacure #1 is a typical cure for most situations. Instacure #2 is what is needed to cure dry salamis like Pepperonis.