Article about LC/Keto written by a doctor

(Jay) #1

“Low-Carb, High-Fat Is What We Physicians Eat. You Should, Too
We have adopted this diet for ourselves and our families, for health and well-being reasons. And we continue to eat this way because we love what we eat.”

written by a family doctor in Canada.

news in canada

It was signed by nearly 100 other doctors!!!
And it’s a good article, full of real information. Wow! very cool.

This is great, thanks.

(Damon Chance) #4

Good chance for Canadians to cross reference those doctors to their location and find a health care provider that’s Keto Friendly.

(Brian) #5

I read through some of the comments below the article. Wow, there are some really combative people on there that are way, way, too bent out of shape if someone says something they don’t agree with.

I wonder what it is about a “My government and my doctor told me this so it must be true” that people will cling to with such vehemence? There are just so many people that benefit from LCHF that it’s not hard to find them if a person wants to. They’d rather yell at their scale and pop some more meds while preaching the virtues of carbs than even hint that there might be a better way.

Sometimes, I just gotta scratch my head and wonder…

(Stephanie Tebbs) #6

OMG the comments are painful.

(Linda Culbreth) #7

Let the games begin! Some folks, including medical providers are seeing the real science and and going for that. Can you image a world without T2D and obesity and all the others “progressive diseases”? What a lovely picture!

(KetoCowboy) #8

Don’t scratch your head and wonder. Leave vitriolic comments indicating that if everyone in the world doesn’t eat exactly the way you prescribe, we will all die.

That’s much more reasonable.

(Paula Green) #9

I didn’t read the comments at first because I was so busy printing off the article to leave lying around my house for my family to read. I thought it was such a good, well thought out and reasonable article.

Then I read the comments!! Oh my! Glad I choose to hang around here. Where people are kind, respectful and informative.

(Brian) #10

I thought about leaving a comment, but I had to sign in to something or another to do that and I didn’t want the hassle of creating an account.

I sat in on a live Q&A with Dr. Eric Berg a week or so ago. I know there are probably things that people don’t agree with, even things I don’t agree with, with his way of doing keto. It generally fits me pretty well but I know there is a lot of room for variation among keto types.

But I was floored by the total disrespect of a couple of the people on the webinar that wanted to discredit and disrupt and preach about how wrong people were who used animal products or dairy or eggs, that kind of thing.

Of course we all have our own opinions but these people don’t have enough respect for others to allow them to have a different opinion than theirs without belittling and berating and insulting.

There are disagreements between some of the greats in our world. Dr. Fung and Dr. Phinney don’t agree on the topic of long fasting times. But I don’t see people here making general horses behinds out of themselves defending their loyalty or belief in one or the other. There seems to be room here for all of us, and from what I can see, it’s been very civil and polite here, even when disagreeing. It’s one thing I really appreciate about this place. :slight_smile: Wish some of the other forums and internet gathering places were as cordial and respectful…

(VLC.MD) #11

I think she might have been a resident that worked with Dr Fung.

(Patrick Belair) #12

She Trained with Dr Fung and Megan Ramos in Toronto.

Now she is being charged by Dietitians of Canada for dispensing “dangerous advice” about the LCHF and keto ways of eating on a radio talk show. These dietitian organizations want to send contrary views into the shadows but I think these high profile cases against her, Tim Noakes and Gary Fettke will open more eyes. http://foodmed.net/2017/10/17/dr-evelyne-bourdua-roy-canada-tim-noakes/

(VLC.MD) #14

Actually she doesn’t know who the complainants are.
She has to meet with the Quebec College of Physicians it sounds like.
Which is a joke.

If she gets trouble for this Dr. Fung might do jail time !

Hopefully the press is good for business !