Arthritis?

So I am going to get round to going to the doctor soon. I usually wait for a few things at once before going! I have a lump on the second joint of the little finger on my right hand. It is really sore most of the time, especially when I bend it. It is also significantly more bent than the opposite little finger when both hands relaxed. I suspect arthritis and am guessing that there is not much I can do apart from what I am doing already - keto!

Any thoughts welcome.

(Tom Seest) #2

I’m sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon.

Have you tried rubbing in topical coconut oil or some other types of oils? They might provide some relief.

I have tried massaging it yes but just makes it more sore!

(Jo Lo) #4

A lump on a joint on your hand might be rheumatoid arthritis. Get it checked out!

yes. I have been doing some googling today and I tend to agree. I will phone doc in the morning.

(Jo Lo) #6

RA is different from osteo, which most of us get with aging. There is autoimmunity going on with RA. My wife has RA in her hand. No treatment has helped and it is progressive. Good luck.

I am hoping that keto will help but it has only started in the last few weeks and I have been keto for a while. I am going to start taking turmeric again as I have lapsed with that so maybe that will help.

(Jacquie) #8

Daisy, good idea to get it checked out. There can be nodules with osteoarthritis and RA. FYI, I worked in rheumatology for over 30 years. :slight_smile:

It sounds like, if it is RA, there is not much to be done?

(Jacquie) #10

There is plenty that can be done!! If your primary (family Dr.) thinks it is some type of arthritis then get a referral to a good rheumatologist. Ask your Dr. who he/she would see. :wink: I worked in a tertiary care outpatient facility in Vancouver and worked with children and adults.I have a strong family history of RA and OA, so it’s somewhat ironic that I wound up working in that specialty.

My joints in my fingers were growing and becoming very painful. I try mot to take Rx’s and decided to try to make a essential oil concoction to see if I could remedy this myself, or at least slow down the damage. It’s worked brilliantly, all the redness is gone and my joint size is slowing decreasing.

I used a combination of essential oils and apply a tiny amount to each of my damaged joints every evening before I go to bed.
In equal amounts 2 drops each
Sweet orange
Bitter Orange
Frankincense
Myrrh
Ginger Turmeric
added to 2 tsp of a carrier oil of your choice. I used avocado.

(Marc) #12

Maybe try and find food allergies. See this post by somebody else here:

In particular this section: “Upped veg intake on LCHF more after grains gone. Had cauliflower everything! Weight loss stalled and came in small fits. Asthma got worse,joint pain coming back…hmmmm allergies? Same with peppers, and tomatoes…hmm, naa can’t be! who is allergic to vegetables!? I must be losing my mind and thinking everything bothers me now!”

My father suffered from food allergies, and others in my family including me are gluten intolerant. These allergies come with age and in some rare instance come and go on their own.

Awesome. Thanks for that. I am very down with the power of oils. I have used them with amazing results on my dogs!

(Jo Lo) #14

The reason I said not much can be done is that my wife was just given prescriptions for the effects. They don’t know how to treat the cause.

If it were me I would push keto, plus anti-inflammatories including tumeric and sulforaphane (brocolli sprouts). I actually had pretty bad osteo-arthritis (stage 2 chondromalacia, knee), which has gone away under a keto diet.

Here, Dr Rhonda Patrick talks for 45 minutes about the great things that sulforaphane does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

Yes. I am well into keto. It is one of the things that surprised me actually as it has only started in the last few weeks. I am definitely going to start turmeric again and am fascinated by the broccoli link. Thanks.

I fixed my recipe above . . . it’s 2 teaspoons added to the oils, not tbsps, sorry. You could probably even use less carrier oil if you’d like. Since you’ve worked with EO’s before go with your gut.

(Ashley Haddock) #17

It’s really helping the “bumps” on the joints decrease? I always read any damage done can’t be undone. (Of course we’ve also read fat is bad, so…)

YES, it’s really helping! :thumbsup: I wish I had taken before pictures. My right hand fingers, which were wreaked, are almost looking like my left hand which is arthritis free. Even my crooked right pinky finger which I had somehow messed up the tendon is slowly straightening out. :flushed:

Bumps/ joints are diminishing more and more every day.

I don’t buy into the once damaged always damaged anymore. I had once lost all the fat pads on the bottom of my feet due to neuromas and the Dr. treating them with steroid injections because he told me there was no other option. The injections lessened the neuromas but destroyed my fat pads which was so much worse.
Anyhoo, EO’s came to my rescue then as well (my first experience using EO’s), fat pads are back and I can walk again.