Arthritis in knees

(Aje John Carr) #1

Been on Keto for 2 1/2 weeks, watching my macros and doing intermittent fasting. Having good results. I feel like I have a useless body with the energy of kids. Just cant do anything.

Would love to do exercise, bad knees and anything that involves them is painful. Walk around the block in slow pace is painful.

Any suggestions would be welcome

thanks

Ajesilver

(Aje John Carr) #3

Dear Marion,

Thank you for your suggestion. I am a simple person. I cannot afford a hydrotherapy pool. My husband and I are living off of what I make and that is way too much for me to afford. I was thinking of something more simpler like laying down core exercises. This Keto program is very expensive as it is. We are making it work, but cannot afford too many spendatures. I think I spelled that wrong but you get my meaning. Thank you again for your suggestion.

Aje

The bigger the smile the better the day, that’s what I say to have a good day.

Live life to the fullest for you never know what tomorrow brings.

**I got funny money from the Gunny on a sunny day.

Ace Aje Silver**

(Frank) #4

I have terrible knees as well from old sports injuries. I concentrated on losing the extra body weight before worrying about exercise too much. Walking becomes much easier without the extra weight and it’s free!

(Jane Hull) #6

Look up Classical Stretch on YouTube. Aging backward series is there. I have the dvd’s. It is gentle exercise but man does it feel good and really helps with all types of joint pain. My knees don’t hurt anymore since I have been on Keto and lost 45 lbs but this really helps strengthen and stretch your whole body.

(Thurston ) #7

Do you have insurance that would let you visit an orthopedic doc?

There are knee injections that you could get that add a lubricant. I had several rounds of them and found them to be effective. At the time I was trying to ride dirt bikes which was very painful on the knees. I would assume it would be a valuable tool for improving the pain just for walks.

(Aje John Carr) #8

Dear David,

I don’t know what’s more painful , leaving the knee as is or getting the injections which will definitely come back after who knows how long. And after paying that much money, that I don’t have in the first place, I don’t know if it is worth it. All I can say is that this is not going away. So the more I fight it the more I am going to stress about it. There is very little if anything I can do that will fix this. Even heavy meds don’t work. Just got to live with it. Pray that each day is better than the last.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Aje

The bigger the smile the better the day, that’s what I say to have a good day.

Live life to the fullest for you never know what tomorrow brings.

**I got funny money from the Gunny on a sunny day.

Ace Aje Silver**

(Thurston ) #9

I know what you mean, I need both replaced. My Ortho told me when I was 45 I had the knees of an 80 year old.

That was 15 years ago…

(Central Florida Bob ) #10

It sounds like you need a knee replacement - maybe both? Has anyone suggested that? I have no idea if that’s even possible for you. My wife has had both hips replaced and when you say “even heavy meds don’t work”, I’ve seen that first hand when she needed them replaced.

The recovery and rehab for knee replacements are harder on folks than for a hip replacement, but I spent Saturday walking around a large flea market area with a friend who had both knees replaced within the last year, and he said he’s pain free.

A pool is good. An exercise bike is good, and they can usually be found for a few bucks at a garage sale. I had knee surgery once (not replacement, just a “clean out”) and they had me on an exercise bike within 4 days. You can set the resistance to next to nothing, just moving your legs is the benefit.

Also, as @Mnketo46 said, just losing weight is going to help.

Whichever, all the best to you, and saying a prayer for you.