Are your skin tags getting smaller and no new ones?

(Consensus is Politics) #41

sigh all skin tags present and accounted for. No visual differences.

(Doug) #42

This is my exact same experience. After a fun afternoon with some collapsing metal steps in 2011, I had keloid scars on my shins. Pink at first, they gradually went to a little lighter color than the surrounding normal skin. As of early this year, they were raised 3 to 4 mm or 1/8" to 1/6". After a few months keto/fasting, they are still visible, just a little lighter than normal skin, but they donā€™t stick up anymore at all.

(Paula) #43

Oh, my! I hadnā€™t even thought about skin tags, but when I read this, I felt for one that has always been aggravating when wearing a necklace. I felt back there and it is SO little. I have been wearing necklaces to work and havenā€™t even noticed that I havenā€™t been having issues with them rubbin on it. Wow! Thatā€™s exciting!

Sort of unrelated to all of this, but THANK YOU for mentioning. My husband and I both have a small whitish bump on the back of our hands. Got it checked out once and it was characterized as a mole, nothing dangerous about it, but this makes so much more sense!! Googled, and saw someone with something similar. I remember when I first noticed it thinking it was related to something I had had there before ( and my husband works with his hand so wouldnā€™t be surprised if this happened to him too) but it was so minor I donā€™t even remember. It doesnā€™t grow or change at all. I love how these forums share information that can help one another.

(Sandra ) #45

One thing I noticed in my past health forays, were small hard white bumps that came up on my hands and arm after stepping up my iodine intake. This was explained as a ā€œbromide rashā€ due to the iodine forcing excess bromides to exit through the skin. So thatā€™s what I believed. Eventually I could scratch off the hard parts, leaving tiny red spots, , not raised, after many months or a couple years. And, since abandoning my high carb ways, my skin tags have shrunk in size and numbers. I had to go searching to see if any were left. Maybe one?

(Jim) #46

All my previous skin tags have disappeared since being on Keto. I asked the Dermatologist about it and he said he never heard of an association between skin tags and IR.

(KCKO, KCFO) #47

Then he has never looked for info about it. This was the top thing that came up when I googled it, this link was posted above by vic.md on Nov. 21, '17 (software doesnā€™t want me to add it again) this is the conclusion of the experiement:
CONCLUSIONS:
The presence of multiple skin tags was strongly associated with insulin resistance irrespective of other risk factors.

(Rj Yoyo) #48

I actually have been blown away at the shrinkage Iā€™ve experienced in mine. This diet is the best, and Iā€™m not sure what causes them to shrink, but Iā€™d say itā€™s another thing on my list of benefits I tell my family and friends when they doubt my new way of eating.

I was looking up Skin tags and came across this. Fascinating information. I had them on my neck and tag like bumps on the tops of my feet. Doctor just shrugged them off and said genetics possibly. Iā€™ve been on Keto since June and they are all gone. None on my neck or feet. I thought this odd until I came across this and now it makes sense.

(KCKO, KCFO) #50

Yeah, and IR has been known to cause them for a long time now. Thank goodness for Dr. Google :slight_smile: Happy yours went way quickly, shows how much healing your body is doing.

(Kath Galvin) #51

Yes, definitely seeing and feeling a difference in skin tags 5 1/2 months keto.
The emerging ones stopped growing and hardened. The two left are older and now deflated. Iā€™m trying tea tree oil to shrink further. I donā€™t know if there is science behind using the oil, but pre-keto, it did the job.

Also, a liver spot I had on my temple is gone.

What the heck, keto!?

(Failed) #52

Iā€™ve been keto since mid June and read this thread a few days ago. I have skin tags on my neck. Today I noticed one of them was sore, so took a pic of it. The ā€œneckā€ of it looks like itā€™s shrinking and the outer end is now a bulb shape. It looks for all the world as though itā€™s going to soon be deprived of blood flow, die, and fall off. Itā€™s not in an area that gets irritated by clothing and I donā€™t pick at them, or touch them at all unless inadvertently.

(Susan) #53

That is great, Dee!

(Art ) #54

Holy moses ! For the sake of not re-visiting breakfast can we all agree NOT to post photos of skin diseases, afflictions and maladies ever again?

I just about put breakfast back on the table after seeing that photo. Yech.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #56

Iā€™m glad for this thread actually. Heh, probably best not to visit a skin tag thread when eating, if it effects you! :laughing:

Why on earth would you look at a thread with ā€œskin tagā€ in the title while youā€™re eating?

(Art ) #58

1 I wasnā€™t eating - but that doesnā€™t mean breakfast wasnā€™t about to make a 2nd appearance.

2 - good point, but I had just finished watching ā€œThe Most Disgusting Dr. Pimple Popperā€ videos on YouTube and wanted to test my limits.

(Susan) #59

Videos on pimple popping to me would be far more disgusting then skin tags =).

I seriously doubt someone who hasnā€™t posted in 18 months is going to respond to your complaint.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #61

Awesome NSV Dee!