Are your skin tags getting smaller and no new ones?

(VLC.MD) #21

Waste of time and money.
Low risk and requires zero skill.

Don’t cut off black things.
Skin tags hang off the skin … I’ve never seen a serious skin condition that does it.
DIY !

(Brian) #22

Anybody ever try tying a knot around the offending tag with dental floss and just pull the two ends? Basically, pinch it off? I’ve heard about doing that but have never tried it.

(VLC.MD) #23

It can work if it has a really tiny stalk. I’m too impatient to wait. Worth a try though.

(Mel Soule) #24

Cryo works well, at least for me. My internist took a weekend course and became certified. Killed the little beasts in under 10 minutes.

(Todd Allen) #25

Supposedly there are many benefits to autophagy. Maybe I should just chew them off?

(KCKO, KCFO) #26

Mine were burned off in my dr.'s office with a laser, 10 in various sizes, one was always causing me problems. Was totally worth it. My sister also gets them and she ties thin nylon thread around the base, tightens it, and in a couple of days they fall off. You might try that. Not sure I would want to DYI any cutting.

Glad to know skin tags are much more common than I thought. So glad we are stopping them from growing larger and hopefully preventing more. Over a year now and no new ones for me, that is a great result. I was starting a farm of them before adjusting my eating and cleaning them up. :woman_farmer:t2:

(VLC.MD) #27

They are probably low carb.
If it fits into your macros then I say go for it.
:sunglasses:

(Marie Dantoni) #28

Right up till this morning I had one on my cheek. It had been getting smaller and was drying out, but it still wasn’t giving up. I went to pull off the dry bit with my fingers and the whole thing came off. Made my day !

(Patrick) #29

I’m going to watch the skin tags I have, I started keto 6 weeks ago.

(VLC.MD) #30

Take tag selfies ! Before and after !

(Consensus is Politics) #31

I hadn’t thought about those little buggers in a long time. I’ve got dozens. I’ll have to keep close track of them. I have one on my waistline, that was about the size of a lintel. It got all twisted up under my belt (I assume that’s why) and it began to burn. I had a bit of a belly on me so I could just barely see over it to see what was causing it. But I could see something red. So into the bathroom, see in the mirror. I had what looked like a cherry tomato growing out of my waist. My first thought was someone played a trick on me by throwing bits of salad at me. But how did they glue it on? Then I remembered there was a skin tag there. Then I noticed that it’s stalk was twisted around a few times. I thumped it with my finger hoping it would just fall off, but instead it just unwound. A minute later all the blood that was trapped in it was absorbed back whence it came. I had the giggles about it for about an hour. I keep checking that Little guy to make sure he isn’t fruiting again. I didn’t want him to ripen up and fall off without me knowing first😂

As for things shrinking off… the past few days I have began to think that a colony of moles I have were shrinking. There are located very close to a place that will prevent me from taking pictures. Just close enough. These are dark brown moles. The kind you might see on the back of the neck of a guy at the buffet, and your 4 year old can’t quit commenting about the guy with mushrooms on his neck. Meanwhile you are pointing at the salads… yes those mushrooms look good.

These have bothered me in the past. Since they are on the southern side of my tummy I couldn’t actually see them directly :roll_eyes: but I can now :cowboy_hat_face: . They feel much smaller. I had been worried about them because I was afraid they could be malignant. But while at the urologist a while back I asked the nurse to look at them. When I said where, she just smiled and agreed. I felt like a perv, but she said not to worry, they were just common moles. But watch for sudden changes.

(Doug) #32

I cut skin tags off with nail clippers.

(Consensus is Politics) #33

I’ve been holding this in for a few weeks now. No offense Doug, and I mean this in a cool geek kinda way, that avatar you use reminds me of Max Headroom😎

(Doug) #34

:blush: Have less hair now and am fatter, Robert. That was 1991…

(Consensus is Politics) #35

1991, well therewe go then. If I remember correctly that’s not too long after the The Max Headroom tv series aired. The jacket gives it away. Very late 80’s.

(Darlene Horsley) #36

I used 1 strand of my hair years ago and did it.

(Brian) #37

Darlene, I hadn’t even thought about hair, but that would be even finer than dental floss. Probably worked quite well, I would guess.

(Darlene Horsley) #38

Once I tied it on I just cut the end strands and left it there. It cut off the blood supply I imagine and the tag just fell off a few days later.

(Doug) #39

:grin: It may also be current, for all I know - it’s the one they gave us for riding “The Maid of the Mist” boat at Niagara Falls. Personally, I was never into blue plastic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Did get called ‘Max Headroom’ once, by a co-worker in 1985…)

(Nancy M Kenny) #40

Yes! It was a nice surprise!