Are Colloidal Minerals Legit?

(Davy) #1

Is this good science, supplementing with colloidal plant based minerals? Or is it just marketing?
Anybody used CM? Reviews? Experiences?

(there are so many conflicting views by googling)

(Windmill Tilter) #2

I couldn’t say for sure. My experience is that the efficacy of supplements are inversely proportional to the cost/g of the active ingredients, and the proportional to the number of citations available… :yum:

If silver is 25 cents per gram on the spot market, and a colloidal silver solution is $1,000/g of the active ingredient silver + a bit of water, it doesn’t bode well.

I’ve read up on this. My final conclusion was I wouldn’t touch it with a 39 1/2 foot pole for me personally :slight_smile:

Others swear it helps. People use it and say good results happen. But science evidence isn’t out there for much support on it.
WebMD says this on it: Colloidal minerals is POSSIBLY UNSAFE for use. The content of these products varies, depending on the source of the clay. Some products might contain metals such as aluminum, arsenic, lead, barium, nickel, and titanium in potentially harmful amounts. There is also concern that some products might contain radioactive metals.

Thing is for me trusting where this stuff is coming from…the true safety and value of what you are buying. ‘They’ can say it is the best product in the world in that little container you buy, but is it? LOL

QuackWatch did a piece on Colloidal Minerals.
https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/colloidalminerals.html

For me if I feel in any way I am mineral deficient I would take a blood test, find out what any of those numbers are and I would correct just that 1 mineral I may be deficient.

Personally for me, I don’t just willy nilly supplements. I would find out if I require stuff thru doctor testing before I throw ‘possibly unsafe fixes’ at something I might not even have :slight_smile: I am more a no way to use this type of stuff person…obviously others are the types that like this kind of supplementing and more. So…I think there is a lot of more personal link to it in as would you take it or not take it kinda thing :slight_smile:

(Davy) #4

Pfffft, I wouldn’t trust much of ‘dr. testing’ They think serum blood test for Magnesium is legit. It’s practically worthless. Same goes for MdWeb…I don’t trust everything they say and take everything there with a HUGE grain of Himalayan Salt. MDs take about 30 seconds worth of nutrition in their med school.
I’m still 50/50 on this, re: colloidal minerals. Taking them now…and will see if there are any positive results. See if I can jump over tall buildings and have x-ray vision or anything. Course THAT may happen after I’m fat adapted. Think I"ll go out and drive my Dodge Bighorn Ram in the meanwhile.

All I mean by that is request a mineral and vitamin blood test from a Dr. The labs just run it and say if you have deficiencies. That test is just a real test from a lab to me.

Your best experiment on yourself is to try and see like you are doing. But a lot of times it is best to drop everything when going into a new eating plan, because then you know you are taking anything, just eating real food. If you get good results then you know it is the food change. But good thing is we can take and drop supps as we find they work or you see no diff. I guess :slight_smile: If you become Superman I gotta know HAHA