• Angus Beef
  • Smoked Brisket
  • Corned Beef
  • Pit Smoked Ham
  • Swiss Cheese
  • Roast Turkey
  • Chicken Tenders
  • Star Cut Bun

Nutritional using Arby’s calculator with the tender and bun removed.
Serving Weight (g) 307
Calories 630
Calories From Fat 330
Fat - Total (g) 37
Saturated Fat (g) 17
Trans Fat (g) 1.5
Cholesterol (mg) 195
Sodium (mg) 2720
Total Carbohydrates (g) 6
Dietary Fiber (g) 0
Sugars (g) 4
Protein (g) 67

Total fat = 37 grams. Protein = 67 grams. May not be keto enough for some folks, with too little fat. If you are fat adapted, and have fat on your body to burn, this could work (no guarantee). But, for others, this might not be fat enough to stay or enter into ketosis, nor for entering into fat adaptation, I don’t think.

(Patrick B.) #3

You can always add a couple tabs of butter… :slight_smile:

(Ross Daniel) #4

Right. Fat is easy to add!

It wouldn’t work in the long term as the only thing you eat, maybe, but 67 grams of protein isn’t that high for a day (I suppose depending on your lean mass it could be, but by most keto standards I should eat double that a day). The concern there is the insulin response to the protein, but that won’t be high enough to keep you out of ketosis, at least not for long (unless you have really low lean body)?

The body fat you have should compensate for some degree of lack of fat intake, which is why fasting works (where you are eating nothing), but yea, there are some speculations around that that would put this on the fringe for a few people with special concerns. Still, I’d expect this isn’t the only thing someone is eating in a day, so they can compensate at the next meal easily enough. The biggest problem I see here is the ratio might make you hungrier than a better ratio.

At 1 gram protein per kg of lean body mass, the 67 gram protein fills the daily quota, or comes very close to it, for a large percentage of people.

Eh, that depends on which thing you read when really. By certain calculations, 88g is minimum for me. But, by other accounts, while still loosing weight and fasting a person may require either more or less (depending on who you are talking to. Dr. Fung recommends less as the body will eat the extra skin protein and such, I believe Volek and Phinney recommend more). But, I guess there are people who are a lot smaller than me too.

However, that’s not really a calculation for staying in or kicking out of ketosis, that’s just for being reasonable with replacing and keeping up proteins in the body. There is a limit to how much protein a person can take and stay in ketosis, but I’ve actually never seen a number for that (some indications are that it depends on the protein, but I don’t know). Seems it’s likely higher than any reasonable target protein range.

(ketohealthclub) #8

Interesting you say it might not have enough fat to stay in ketosis. Regardless of the fat content, too much protein will still knock people out of ketosis. I learned that the hard way- if I could eat more protein by adding butter, I’d definitely do that!!

(ketohealthclub) #9

That’s certainly my limit.

(Patrick B.) #10

At 1g/kg, I’m at 76g of protein… I actually eat around 1.3 to 1.5g/kg.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #11

:notes::musical_note: you can’t always get what you want :musical_note::notes:… with a meat deck like that I would add my purse mayo for fat and be set for the day!

(eat more) #12

they finally opened an arby’s near me…after i went keto…jerks lol

(Patrick B.) #13

Purse mayo… I love it…

And as a guy, I’m a little jealous that you ladies walk around with condiments and bacon in your purses…

No reason you can’t carry around a messenger bag or something? Backpack? I see tons of men walking around with a bag of some sort, especially when going to work.

(LongHaulKeto) #15

WOW…this would work perfectly for me. One meal for the day. LOVE it!!!

(LongHaulKeto) #16

It does for me!

I always walk inside at fast food places if I am placing a special order… I like to watch as they scan the keypad for the “Meat Mountain” button (and yes there is one).

(Aimee Moisa) #18

OMG You are HIGH-larious! Love your singing, love this video! Thanks for sharing, I’m gonna go check out your channel now. :slight_smile:

Yes, mayo! That’s what I was thinking. Easy and tasty way to up the fat content

(Trey Merrill) #20

Add a couple of those Arby’s Horsey Sauces to it.