Aquafaba?

Does anyone have any information on Aquafaba? I know that it is the LIQUID portion of the canned garbanzo bean (chickpeas). All information I have found has said minimal carbs, but it is relatively new, so there is not a lot of information out there. Anyone use this for an egg white sub? Results?

(less is more, more or less) #2

Nutritionally, that’s quite a downgrade. What motivates you to substitute?

Just curious. Egg allergy/vegan friend. Seems as an egg substitute, it’s fairly cost effective and the macros (from what I can find) are negligible. http://aquafaba.com/nutrition.html
Nutrition listed for 180g of juice. Just wondering if anyone has used it and what they’re results were.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I haven’t used it but I have heard of it. Cheap experiment for your friend to try.

Yeah. I think on next grocery trip I will pick a can up. I want to try schaum torte. Maybe I will do one with egg whites and one with the aquafaba. I saw it used on The British Baking show, and it was kind of intriguing.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

I saw that one too. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Helen Taylor) #7

Yes, it’s like egg white in that you can make big peaks with it. I made yorkshire puddings for an egg/dairy intolerant with this and flour with rice milk.