Appreciate All Opinions

(TJ Borden) #21

We really need some kind of “super like” function

(LeeAnn Brooks) #22

[quote=“Alecmcq, post:18, topic:44396”]
I will also add that the key point here is that additional calories are important to give your body the fuel to heal itself.
[/quote
Someone much wiser than myself here wrote “it’s like trying to drive 100 miles when you only put 80 miles worth of gas in the tank.”
I hope my paraphrasing isn’t too off.

(Alec) #23

That sounds about right. And what happens when you try to do this? You end up in the middle of nowhere feeling cold and hungry. Am I extending this lovely metaphor appropriately? :joy:

The scale in weight loss is nothing more than a cortisol enhancer. Your better friend when starting Keto is s tape measure that you check once every week or two, chest and navel are a fair place to measure. I am sure you will lose more inches than weight right away as you heal your body from the internal organs to your out appearance. Fat to satiety is most import in the beginning, and as it gets harder to reach your goal, you might need to re-evaluate the portions or as other like to talk the macros.

(karen) #25

Sorry this is off topic, but my situation isn’t that different from yours. I know you can’t say for sure if you are headed for cancer or alzheimer’s, but how is your mental clarity? Do you feel intuitively that you’re heading away from those diseases now?

(Sarah Slancauskas) #26

This is helpful, thank you. I’m trying to get my head around the notion. I read the trio of articles someone posted from the self experiment done by a man on the Smash the Fat blog and this has gone a long way in helping my understanding too. Thanks for taking the time to help me!

(Cindy) #27

Actually, I was headed for Alzheimer’s, Karen! I could feel the slippage in a way that I knew was real, not just my imagination. And yes, my mental clarity is good again! I’m back to “normal.” So I’m sticking with this program super carefully for the rest of my life now. Weight loss is nice, but Alzheimer’s is life or death, and so is cancer. There is still no cure for the cancer that killed my mother. Everyone else I know recently who has had it has died in 3 years. But there is a lot of research that shows it is linked to diets high in sugar, so since I don’t have it yet, I think the keto diet should keep me safe.