Apple Cider Vinigar

podcast

(Carpe salata!) #21

All this talk of apple cider vinegar and no mention of malic acid? ACV is very high in malic acid which is I thought, the main reason to use it?

(KCKO, KCFO) #22

Actually sediment in the bottom of any vinegar that isn’t filtered is called the Mother.

(Arlene) #23

The Heinz acv, like the one in your picture is just vinegar with coloring added. I was SO angry with myself for buying it without reading the label. I just assumed it was real apple cider vinegar. Once again, I am reminded to ALWAYS read labels. The real thing only contains apple cider vinegar, and the “mother” will settle to the bottom of the jar.

(VLC.MD) #24

it always does.
Am I supposed to shake it so it disperses ?

(Linda Culbreth) #25

Arlene, I made that mistake only once - food coloring and flavoring does not equal the real thing!

(Linda Culbreth) #26

Yep. Shake away!

(Damon Chance) #27

All of the organic unfiltered ACV I’ve bought (Bragg’s, Whitehouse, Aldi store brand) have said 0 calories per 15ml. Its strange that yours has any listed.

(Linda Culbreth) #28

Damon - I saw a new brand today at Wal-mart. Can’t remember the name but had flavoring. More expensive + had a number of carbs. I’ve seen some over, of all places, the health food store.

(Joshua) #29

I just started doing this today, also the Braggs ACV, and there are no carbs or sugars… so says the back of the bottle.