App for tracking Carbs with erythritol or xylitol?

(Andy Noble) #1

I use MyFitnessPal and it does a great job. Some of the foods I buy have erythritol in them which I think doesn’t count against you. Is there an app which keeps track of those? I know you can subtract the fiber but how about the other?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Sugar alcohols like erythritol, allulose and sucralose are carb free. Some of the other artificial and natural sweeteners do. There’s lots of articles with a google search where you can find out about the carb content and best uses for them in general. Some are good for one thing but not another. Good starting point is

My recommendation is to not use them a lot. Some have gastric disturbances from sugar alcohols, never had a reaction myself but I am not a big user of them either.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Some people also feel that they get insulin spikes from one or another of the artificial sweeteners. Unfortunately, it’s complicated to test for at home, since you need to infer an effect on insulin from the pattern of glucose numbers. Personally, I find that eating artificial sweeteners too often gives me sugar cravings—not good, if i one is a sugar addict! :bacon: