Anything better than Keto Mojo - and can I get cheaper strips from abroad (e.g. how much are they in the U.K.)?

(Bansaw) #1

Something which puts me off buying a Keto blood measurement machine is the price of the strips.

Is there a meter and a source for strips that are reasonably priced, but still accurate?
The U.K. tend to be more expensive than here in the U.S. but some health-related stuff is cheaper. I have people over there.

Also, would like glucose measurement.

(bulkbiker) #2

the cheapest ketone strips I have found in the UK were £40 for 50 strips they are usually at least £1 per strip or $1.27 per strip.

(Bansaw) #3

I did see this one:
I saw this in the UK.
Just shows you how much profit there is in Strips if they are now giving away the meter free.
Its like printers and ink cartridges. The profit is all in the ink.
There must be some generic ones out there that will work - or hopefully someone will manufacture them. Hope Equate are listening :wink:

(bulkbiker) #4

Even blood glucose monitors are usually given away for free… once they have you hoked on the strips they have a customer for life!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #5

Walmart has some dirt cheap strips. I think it’s $17 for 100. The quality isn’t great, and it doesn’t seem to be very accurate. But if it’s for testing trends and not for accurate medical monitoring it’s probably good enough.

Walmart’s brand is ReliOn

It doesn’t test ketones though, just glucose