Anyone tried pork belly accordion?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

Curly fries, eat your heart out.

PS: Somebody, please do this so I can live vicariously through you. I lack the gear.

(Robin) #2

Oh, man. I could belly up to THAT bar!

(Karen) #3

It looks great till he pours that oil in the pan. I bet you could achieve that by rubbing lard or duck fat over the meat and roasting it x

(Stickin' with mammoth) #4

I have to concur, I died a little inside when he dropped it into the vat-o-seed oils. I was more or less hoping for a barbecue situation.

(Karen) #5

It certainly looked nice and crispy … May give it a try but i’m not keen on pork belly. I will probably end up sticking to shoulder of pork and enjoying the crispy crackling … I have become quite the expert now even if i do say so myself :sunglasses:

That’s fun, I need to try this out! :smiley:
With a smaller piece for multiple reasons.
I don’t really do deep frying, it has so many problems so I will roast it.

I smoke pork belly routinely — another (not low carb) version I used to make was the so called pork belly burnt ends which are still a HUGE hit whenever I make them.

(Robin) #8

You had me at burnt ends…. Swoon.

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #9

There’s a guy here in Virginia Beach that does them but instead of frying it he smokes it. I might get the smoker going this weekend.

(Michael) #10

My pork belly looks identical 4 hours at 280 Fahrenheit with 30 min at end at 380. The key is cutting the skin properly to get a crunchy crackling skin. If you check out my photos in carnivore section you will see a slice or two each breakfast.