Anyone taking an Iodine supplement?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

Different for everyone, I guess. When I first joined, I read a lot of posts about people’s grey hair going away on keto. Still waiting! And a couple more inches of height wouldn’t go amiss, either. Come on, keto! :rofl:

(Robin) #22

Darn it! I had a similar experience a few months into keto. That’s when I panicked and started taking every supplement I could find. It eventually slowed down and started growing back in. but I am losing again (NOTHING like your pic) and pretty sure it’s covid related. I had it Jan.17th and lost smell/taste… which are both coming back. BUT now having some serious memory issues. Scary.

And… Here’s the deal, I will spend BIG BUCKS on a fabulous wig if I go bald. Lol
Not really LOL. But have to either laugh or cry, right?

(Rebecca ) #23

Robin, I work in the herb/supplement industry. I have encountered so many customers who are having massive hair loss in the past several months. They have all mentioned having had the virus and vaccines. I have read that a high fever and illness can cause hair loss.

didn’t the 2 Keto Dudes do a big post about hair loss and how it functions etc. a while ago? I remember reading it, I sure can’t find it on the site LOL

can’t remember anything truly on the post other than it was all the science behind the hair loss factor?

anyone remember this and can find it? just wondering if it would suit Marianne in any way??

(Jane) #25

What was the product you bought?

(Marianne) #26

Yes, I’ve seen my GP and also an endochronologist about it. All of my bloodwork is fine, so they don’t have any suggestions. They treat it as one of those things you just have to live with. My hair loss seems to start in the fall and then slow down in the spring/summer.

(Marianne) #27

I have seen my GP and also an endochronologist. My bloodwork is all fine. I don’t count calories and eat delicious, rich food. I love this WOE.

(Marianne) #28

I love all these little signs of robust health that I didn’t have before. Makes me feel good about what keto/carnivore is doing for my body.

I just eat seaweed. I have been thinking about Lugol’s though.

(Marianne) #30

Good for you! Thick, beautiful hair is such a luxury. I am carnivore, too, and unfortunately haven’t experienced that side effect.

(Marianne) #31

I’m sorry about what you are experiencing after covid. I have heard that it can cause hair loss. Hopefully, all of these things are temporary.

I just received a wig that I ordered online after watching about 30 youtube videos from one wig place in CA. Reputable company and was returnable for a full refund minus shipping. Anyway, colossal fail - waaay too much hair. I sent it back next day. I was so encouraged and excited by the videos. Bummed out that this isn’t an option and I am just going to have to live with thinning hair. :pleading_face:

(Marianne) #32

Where do you get it and what does it taste like?

(Bob M) #33

Vitamin D? Seasonal disorder? Something you were eating in the summer that you’re no longer eating?

(Karen) #34

It worked for me and I am the biggest cynic i procrasrinate so much before buying but at the time was quite desperate to sort out my hair. Within about 2 weeks of using a few drops twice daily I could see regrowth. I used it mainly on the areas that were thinning and used a few drops down my parting and massaged that in. My hair looked much better and thicker for it. Not having to use it much now but I have it just in case lol. X

(Karen) #35

The hair thickening wasn’t from this woe though it probably helps . It was before I started all this. However that said my nails have most definitely improved 10 fold since going carnivore. They were always brittle and split and I just couldn’t grow them at all. Now I have to clip them fortnightly as they grow so quick and they are far stronger.

(Karen) #36

My daughter has just recently bought a very expensive hair piece… not a full wig but still very very pricey. Real hair and she looks beautiful and feels so much more confident wearing it. It is quite long but she got her hairdresser to trim it so it was how she wanted it, still longer than her own hair. She has been diagnosed with PCOS which is making her hair thin. Maybe a hair piece rather than full wig would be an option for you.

(Marianne) #37

Thanks. Had that tested recently, and it’s fine.

(Robin) #38

Me too. And I think I may have had covid before we were testing (thought it was a never ending flu) and a month or so later I had the major hair loss. So I believe I’ve had it twice, different variants.

(Robin) #39

@Fangs @gingersmommy @PaulL
I would love to see it if we can find it.

(Robin) #40

Is there anywhere nearby that you can go and try some on?