Anyone see this about Sugar Lobby?

(Mark Rhodes) #1

She Took On Colombia’s Soda Industry. Then She Was Silenced. https://nyti.ms/2jmsqrh

This article makes me concerned about our own endeavors and especially our spokespeople.

(Justin Traer) #2

Wow.

(Cheryl Meyers) #3

Humans are doomed.

I saw that yesterday - really upsetting…
:frowning_face:

Also it’s in a country that has incredible natural resources (including land and small farms with lots of great locally grown food! not generally LC but they’re several generations closer to simple basic food than in the US for sure).

It’s also a country where the average traveler needed an armed guard to visit 20 years ago!

There were two things that were disconcerting, near the end the obvious Kufu moderate sugar drink being marketed to kids and parents as being healthy because of the vitamins added! To me fruit juice is worse than soda. At least with soda there are no illusions that it is anything other liquid candy. People believe sports beverages and juice are good.

The other was the comment by an elected official that they need to combat the usual suspects, sedentary lifestyles and the people need to learn to eat more fruit, fish and vegetables. At least whole grains were not on the list