Anyone know of any good lo carb BBQ sauce or buffalo wing sauce?

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #1

Figured I’d ask while I’m here. Been looking for a BBQ sauce and buffalo wing sauce that doesn’t taste fake. It’s football season and Sundays at my house is a big snack fest! I talked my brother and my bestie into going Keto - so far so good on both fronts, so they’ll happily partake in my BBQ ribs and buffalo wings!

(TJ Borden) #2

For BBQ sauce (which I don’t use often) I like Hughes.

For buffalo sauce, just buy a bottle of Franks and mix it with butter. That’s the ACTUAL buffalo sauce recipe.

(Chris) #3

Are you into vinegar based sauces? If yes, your path to keto friendly sauce just got easier

G Hughes Hickory BBQ Sauce. But I can’t stand their other flavors.

I used to do a mix of Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup and Horseradish sauce.

(TJ Borden) #5

I’ll second that. The brown sugar is TERRIBLE

EXCELLENT question! I’ve used Hughes before and thought it was really good. Otherwise, I can’t find anything off the shelf.

I made THIS RECIPE though and loved it. You gotta pay attention to which tomato paste you use some kinds are 1-3g of carb more per serving than others. I would recommend adding more cayenne if you like spicier. I used the amount suggested and it was pretty mild. Still good but not much tingle.

(Jane) #7

Make your own with no-sugar ketchup and spices (I add butter to mine because my Grandpaw’s recipe had it).

(TJ Borden) #8

And because, why not? Butter makes everything better.

(Renee Slaughter) #9

Papa G’s low carb BBQ sauce works for me! He is my fav low carb recipe guru. I did try this low carb sauce and it’s good.

(Kellie) #10

I use Hughes as a BBQ , it’s great! Any hot sauce should have 1 or no carbs and no sugar so that’s easy

(Brian) #11

This is one I’ve been wanting to try:

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/sugar-free-bbq-sauce/

(TJ Borden) #12

HEY @rslaughter1960, haven’t seen you in a while. Great to hear from you.

(Renee Slaughter) #13

Thank you sir. Good to be back. :grinning:

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #14

Thanks TJ! I’ll look for these two sauces!

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #15

Yes, Chris. Vinegar based sauces are good! I’ve been on Keto for a little over two months and I was just eating basic, but now I’m trying new things.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #16

Thanks for all the recipes! Eventually, I’m going to get around to trying them all. Papa G sounds like a good resource as well as the All Day I Dream About Food blog. I appreciate everyone’s replies!

(Central Florida Bob ) #17

I’ll second or third @Baytowvin on Frank’s.

Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce has canola oil in it and an “Original” version that doesn’t. We get the one with no oil and add butter. Because butter.

(Bob M) #18

I’ve tried the Carolina type “sauce” (it’s really just vinegar), complete with sugar, and it did not kick me out of ketosis. You usually don’t use much of it.

By the way, I’ve gone to sous vide to cook BBQ.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #19

Went to a couple of stores. No Hughes. No Franks. I did manage to grab some Rao’s chicken marinade. I’m always looking for sauces. I’ll order the other stuff online.