Anyone in here Hypo, has hashimotos, and PCOS?

hypothyroid
conversationstarters
keto
newbies
pcos

(Autumn) #1

Is there anyone that has all three and have had success on the keto diet? I have been going back and forth on whether or not to go keto or just do a low carb diet. I have been studying up and going crazy on the back and forth of what the internet says haha. I want people with real results and what I should expect. Will I hurt myself more by going full keto or is it okay to do so?

I take Metformin and Synthroid.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Hypotension? Hypoinsulinemia? Hypoketonuria? Hyponatriemia? Hypokalemia? I need a clue, please.

(Autumn) #3

I had to look all of them up to see what you were talking about! I have low blood pressure when I get it checked by a doctor. I also have to take vitamin D because my levels are always very low. My T4 and TSH are in normal range but my T3 is low. I am insulin resistant and I take Metformin for that.

That is really all I know. I have been eating low carb for the last week but I don’t know if I should press on or not in fear of hurting myself even more.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

I guess you should also define “going full keto” vs “low carb”.

(Autumn) #5

I am full keto and stay under 20g of carbs daily.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

Well, how do you feel? Are you involving your doctor(s) in your choice to eat low carb?

(Bunny) #7

Thought the correlation was interesting and found this:

”For me, it’s not about being on the perfect diet; it’s about tuning in to your body and figuring out what your body needs at this time and what’s not serving it.” – Dr. Izabella Wentz | Read More on PCOS Diva

Some videos and websites on the subject:

1. The 3 Causes of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and High Androgens
  1. Why SELENIUM for Hashimoto’s (Autoimmune Hypothyroid)?
  1. Getting Results on Keto (Ketogenic Diet) with Hashimoto’s (Hypothyroid)
  1. Using A Ketogenic Diet For Hypothyroid
  1. How I Reversed PCOS Naturally (No Medications!)
  1. Could SIBO Be Preventing Your Remission from Hashimoto’s?
  1. 14 Strategies to Beat SIBO Naturally
  1. Can Food Allergy Testing Help Hashimoto’s Hypothyroid? The answer is NO