Anyone have experience with Leopard Spotted Hippo (keto ice cream and cookeis, etc) products?

snacks
icecream

(outlawpirate) #21

I made your ice cream recipe, and it’s fabulous! When sharing it, who should I attribute it to? Just Will? :wink:

(Jennifer Kleiman) #22

Will Brame, head chef at the soon-to-exist Moons Grove Farms :slight_smile: Very glad to hear you liked it! I’m traveling now and had a craving for ice cream… halo top is just not the same.

(brian) #23

@Jennifer_Kleiman Thank you so much for your post, I book marked it a long time ago and finally got a chance to try it. This is the first scoop-able ice cream straight from the freezer. Due to a lack of whey protein and cashew milk I used 1 cup Heavy Cream, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup milk (more carbs in this experiment, but it was all I had) 1/2 cup allulose, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, dash of salt, 1 TBL glycerine, 1 TBL vanilla extract and I mixed in 1.5 TSP of cacao nibs toward the end of the churning. I left it in the freezer for about 4 hours and it was great. I had to order glycerine and allulose and it seemed to work great for me.

(Jennifer Kleiman) #24

Yay!! Heavy cream sounds delish :slight_smile: Very glad to share the ice cream joy.

I’m sure allulose ice cream will be a thing in stores soon… How could it not? It’s so good!

(cheryl) #25

yum that looks divine

(What The Fast?!) #26

Is there a way to do this? I’d like some fluffier, lighter ice cream!

(Jennifer Kleiman) #27

The way Halo Top & other commercial ice cream makers do it is by using an ice cream machine with an air pump… Not an option for us folks with home kitchens alas.

(brian) #28

I highly recommend it and I used the modified recipe to make vanilla too. So far no store bought low carb ice cream can beat the texture. I also found some other kinds have almost a minty mouth feel due to the type of artificial sweetener that I didn’t feel with the allulose.

(Jennibc) #29

I finally tried Rebel today as it is our local supermarket. It tasted way too sweet for me. We got the mint chip and the peanut butter fudge. But I cut out sugar in March and haven’t done artificial sweetners so my tastes have probably changed. It did taste nice and creamy though.

I have pea protien- do you think i could sub that for the whey?

(Jennifer Kleiman) #31

Give it a go but to my personal taste, pea protein tastes like ass.