Anyone fasting for Lent?

(Ann) #21

Wow, sounds like a challenge. I try to only use the fat bombs or snacks when I’m working and have to wait for my lunch period to eat a full meal. It certainly does help to avoid snacks. Good Luck.

(Jeff Davis) #22

I’m on day three of a three day fast now to kick off Lent. Will probably do the same for Holy Week/Triduum. Otherwise, alternate day or 24 hour fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #23

@onlyjeffdavis This sounds like a good plan! Depending on your experience with fasting the 5-2, eat 5 days and fast 2, may be easier to keep up with. ADF may be tricky if you want to fast on particular days.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #24

Just broke my 4-day fast this evening. So far, seems to be sitting well.

Planning to do some additional fasts during Lent, probably with a moderate amount of fat added.

Actually managed some black coffee earlier in the day at a conference…all the more surprising because it was the kind brewed in large percolators, and hence was nastier than average. But I needed some caffeine, and that’s what was available that didn’t also have sweetener. :slight_smile:

(Jeff Davis) #25

I broke my fast Friday evening after 67 hours. It was the longest fast I’ve attempted, and like you, I plan to do a few more multi-day fasts during Lent (and beyond).

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #26

Let me know when you are doing your fasts and I will cheer you on!

(Dawn) #27

Hi All:

I want to revive this thread for 2018. It has been on my heart to try to do a 30 day fast for Lent with my church. The longest fast I have ever done is 16 days and I literally thought I was going to DIE. It was pretty miserable for me days 12-16. I have done four of these in an attempt to build my “fasting muscle”. I can never get past that 15th/16th day. Is it unrealistic to think that I can go 30? My church does the 30 day fast under medical supervision. I want so badly to be a part of the team, but it feels like I won’t make it. Any advice on how to push through my 16 day collapse?

I am thinking about doing some 3-day and 5-day fasts during Lent this year.

(KCKO, KCFO) #29

Honestly, you should go for it. Lots of support from the team face to face not just via web postings. Got to be a good thing.

If you haven’t checked out Richard’s calculator, please do. Your body can only pull so much a day from your fat stores. Maybe you just needed a tiny bit of fat after such an extended fast, with medical supervison, I bet you can do it.

Remember if you think you can you can, if you think you can not, you can not. You decide.

(Lynne Hurley Perry) #30

In previous fasts, have you used bone broth?

(Dawn) #31

I feel that even if I fail, I will still be a success. It is such a difficult thing to do, but my church does provide a lot of support and I believe medical check ins. It seems like it’s worth at least trying