Any of you gaining weight due to Co I’d-19 shutdown?

Yeah. I’ve gained weight. It started with a pizza, then to fried chicken, then to pasta and meatballs.
That was the first 2 weeks… Filled freezer with animal and sealife, so I’m back in control…
Lost control for just a minute. I’m human!
Back on the horse!

(charlie3) #43

I’ve had success with food rationing. Everything I’m going to eat is chiseled in stone. The meals are prepped in advance and they are very filling and they add up to a lot of calories which pressures me to do the volume of exercise that burns all those extra calories. Then the problem is to actually do all that exercise without overtraining or injury. That problem is solved by low heart rate training (LHRT) which can be a couple hours of walking or time on the airbike (plus some lifting which I keep minimal). Once I figured out LHRT keeping diet filling and maintaining fitness without burnout has been successful.

(Kristen Ann) #44

Yessss. Gaining weight and my blood glucose has been consistently higher than normal, by quite a bit. :weary:

(Troy) #45

Just kicked myself in the nuts!:nauseated_face:

Stopped my brief binge on pecans, macadamia and swerve almost a week ago now

I’m back to WOE basics
Yipee
WHAT a difference
Energy is back up and stress has gone down too
Less nappy ( Physicality and mentally ) as well

(Jennibc) #46

No. But I also get the scale everyday so that if I see any kind of gain, I can course correct. So far, drinking half a bottle of wine? I will see a 2 pound gain, lay off the booze for a couple of days and it’s gone. We continue to eat the way we did prior so that’s a big help.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #47

We’re finding this really useful. I know week by week anyway what we’re going to have for each meal, and I do that as a matter of course - what’s different at the moment though is that we’re rationing certain items and we’re dividing dishes into more portions than we used to. We haven’t noticed a difference in our hunger levels or in ability to accomplish tasks, but we have both noticed a small drop in weight (not on purpose).

Added to that I am exercising regularly again (until a couple of years ago I used to swim, run and/or cycle daily until injuries made it all too ouchie!). My mum and I are FaceTiming her exercise videos every day (it’s hilarious doing them with her!) and I’m going for a daily 20-minute ‘run’ on my living room carpet… yes, running on the spot! Body’s changed shape already!

I’m not leaving my home at the moment so it’s carpet jogging until I am convinced that it’s safe out there.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #48

I’m so glad I found this thread. I’ve been avoiding the forums because I have gained back weight during the quarantine. I’m ashamed to say that I have developed a keto junk food habit. When I look at myself in the mirror I’m disgusted with the fat I’ve added. Now I need to lose 20 lbs, but I’m still totally unmotivated.
My job has me sitting at the computer for 9 hours a day, and my old, wrecked, body has me in the lazy boy chair with a heating pad on my back for several more hours. I keep telling myself that I’m going to start back fasting for 3 days at a time, but, even though I’m still intermittent fasting daily (I usually don’t eat after noon each day), I’m eating too much when I do eat.
In addition, my thyroid has been out of whack again (Hashimoto’s). Trying to get that straight.
I’m sorry for neglecting you my friends. I really want to do better, but feeling such a failure, shame, and lack of motivation, is crippling me. :disappointed:

I was up 10-12 but back on tracking carbs and 18-6 and it came off in two weeks. Hang in there.

(Bob M) #50

Lost weight, gained muscle. But then I’m like that. My wife says I have unbelievable control.

@JaneyMae, hang in there! It’ll get better. Try to get out in the sun, if you can. And work on that thyroid issue, which can cause everything you’re discussing. (Just don’t ask me how to do that! :grinning:)

(traci simpson) #51

I think I gained about 7, but lost 4.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #52

The forum is here for when we need support! So I’m glad you are here, now more than ever.

I have gained 5kilos…have been isolating since mid March when my gym shut down. Very little I can do to replace my strength training pre surgery. Gym opens next week but I am not going back for awhille cause I am not confident it is very safe to do so here just yet.

(Vic) #54

Not effected because I have worked from home for years before keto

so I continue to lose especially doing a lot more BBQ makes it easy

The only thing is my wife began keto recently and loves the Keto deserts So I have had to limit that to weekends because that will slow me some besides that I prefer food anyway its just when the desert is in front of me that I want it

(traci simpson) #55

I was finally able to workout at the gym!!! yippee.

(Jennibc) #56

Amazingly, no. I went up about three pounds one week because we celebrated my son’s graduation from high school (no ceremony sadly but we still celebrated at home) with this wonderful local pizza and his favorite cake and some Prosecco. It took about a week to get back to normal. Other than that I have managed to stay within two pounds of my goal weight either way. The trick is to not bring junk food into the house. I have found other ways to combat the stress of this. I did finally have to reign in my nightly cocktail just because even though it wasn’t causing weight gain, I knew it was affecting my health.