Any of you gaining weight due to Co I’d-19 shutdown?

I am eating keto. But just way too much of it. Also have to admit to way too many keto treated but the culprit is a LOTof meat and well you CAN eat too much meat!

(Troy) #2

A bit
Macadamia Nuts+Pecans +swerve+cinnamon+ Butter +warmed up = culprit :smile:
Not my normal keto staple
Going back to 95% carnivore any ways

I step on the scale tomorrow, so I’ll know in the morning if I’ve been gaining. Though I definitely feel like these past two weeks have been garbage. So even if the scale doesn’t happen to move (or by some miracle is still going down), I know it could have been a better 2 weeks. But - given the circumstances - I’m not gunna beat myself up. I’ve had many many opportunities since COVID-19 started to get off Keto and splurge on fast food/delivery and I haven’t. Gotta pat myself on the back for that one because there have been days during these past two weeks that I have been dying for a bowl of pasta or a giant burrito. Haha.

Weight gain might be expected. But my belly is disappearing and the lock down means I can’t pop in to the doctor’s office just for a weigh in. I’m feeling good and have steady blood glucose and good sleep. I’ll weigh myself in 2021.

(Ben ) #5

Lets not forget its a cycle. Feast now and ???

(Allie) #6

I’ve not stepped on a scale so no idea… but I’m eating less not being at work.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7

Yeah, I’ve put on about 7 lbs in the past 3 months. Seems to be slowly comming down now. I know excersize isn’t the whole story, but I usually average 9000 steps and now I’m at 5-6000 average.

So I’ve decided to pay better attention, fewer treats for this low-energy-requirement time. And also not worry too much about it until life returns to normal. Still keep a side-eye on the situation, just not focus.

(Allie) #8

Just checked and I’ve gained less than a pound since Feb 28 (last weighing) but if the Renoho is to be believed, my metabolic age has decreased and muscle mass increased.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #9

I’m losing, actually. I think it’s because we’re being extra careful with portion sizes due to concerns about ongoing availability of grocery items - we’re absolutely not going hungry, though.

Mr S is currently incapacitated with a suspected prolapsed disc - since yesterday morning, poor thing - so I guess his lack of movement might mitigate against weight loss!

Right on- same here. I gained 1 pound. The constant low grade anxiety is making me crave something sweet- probably for the endorphins to calm myself. I too am keeping the sweets keto. But even eating keto ice cream, keto sweet chaffles, sugarfree chocolate etc will top out my carbs, which I have to keep under 20g to lose weight. I cannot do IF right now either. But in the big scheme of things, I have enough on my plate worrying about catching an infection that could kill me, so I will let the worry about gaining a few pounds not stress me out even more than I am already! But the worrisome thing in addition is that being heavy seems to make covid19 infection worse. So the less we weigh, the better it is to fight the infection with our own inner resources. Obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure plus age exacerbate the strength of the infection.

no one can’t eat a lot of meat and seafood if that is all they do eat and nothing else LOL

I am eating tons of meat and losing lbs but slowly still. No --the lockdown and all the crazy doesnt have me off plan in any way shape or form at all. luckily being way more rural I am not big city and not effected as much thru any of this…yet, will see how life progresses. Also thankfully not directly effected by any of this in our family or friends, but sending prayers to anyone who is directly having troubles thru this mess!

There are no excuses for me that are valid thru horrible times or more. My health and eating plan trumps everything and that is my priority and that is how I live now :slight_smile: Personal thing for me at this point obviously.

Not a darn thing can take me off my eating plan ever. I am so over the struggle now but that cause of my long term time on plan. I am one ‘who is there’ and luckily I have that time under my belt. If I was a newbie more coming into this eating change during these crazy times, yea the struggle would be real for me, but happily I am passed all that now.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #12

I’ve maintained my weight; however, I still have to work so I’m not home all day.

I doubt I would be able to gain weight if I wanted, I never was good at that. I need massive overeating on HCHF, several months for 1-2 pounds, usually but it depends on my weight. Even losing is a bit easier than gaining but since 8 years ago, I’ve been doing what I do best: maintaining my weight (while putting more and more and sometimes less effort into losing). It has close to no conditions, it happens on every diet (except HCHF but I can’t do that anymore. maybe I would gain on moderate carb now that I weigh less but I can’t eat moderate carb either).

My body especially adores my current weight (154lbs) unlike myself. So I will stay there. If a miracle happens, I will lose a bit. Gaining wouldn’t be bad if I gained muscles… I exercise more than before, it’s not out of question but it will be minimal in the next months, not measurable, I think.

(Actually, I hope for fat-loss. It’s very realistic for me on carnivore or close to it so I plan to go back to it again. I have very little meat but we can’t have everything, I have plenty of animal food and will buy some meat soon, it’s good enough.)

I didn’t weigh myself since many days. It’s 11 stones anyway (if more, that’s very temporal), why bother? It’s my extremely stable weight.

As I really want to lose (kind of. I am not super motivated, just stubborn), I try to keep my carbs and added fat (and low-protein high-fat dairy) as low as comfortably possible so I don’t even overeat let alone gain. Protein-rich animal products (and fat tissue) satiate me wonderfully, especially fatty meat. So it’s not impossible I will lose fat, eating less and moving more is totally the key for my fat-loss at this point, I can’t help it and it’s the first time I seem to be able to do both at the same time. We will see. I definitely won’t gain.

(KIM ) #14

I started off eating too much and eating too often. Decided enough of that and took some basic control back this past week. Starting ADF again, basically 42-48 hours, and most importantly, staying within a 45-60 minute cooking and eating window and no snacking. Today, I feel better, not hungry and seem to be getting back to the basics. Like Fang, I am also rural, so we are use to cooking and eating at home anyway. I also got back to a routine, getting up, doing chores, cleaning house, etc which is helping also. God Bless to all.

(Karen) #15

I am maintaining weight. But I am not eating entirely keto. Getting meat butter and eggs and cheese is harder when I am ordering it and picking it up. Things run out in the store. By the time I get my order usually all the meat has dropped off. I have been able to get salmon, and fake crab. I know the fake crab has wheat in it.

I’ve been off work for a couple of weeks now, so my periods without eating have went way down. I was usually OMAD at least four days a week and one day of 36 hour fast and those have stopped just because they were more convenient with out so much downtime. I haven’t left keto though.

YUP! I’ve switched gears back to PSMF mode so I can eat more while loosing fat and maintaining muscle, although it’s a great day as my kid is turning 6 today it also means Pizza, Cake and Ice cream, my plan is a little of each and then to chain myself up in the basement for a while until I regain sanity! This is the WORST time, I can eat starchy carbs without issue but the sweets are gonna cause a craving issue. Made the cake with my son so not eating it would hurt his feelings.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #18

What is that? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bruce Pick) #19

Google says PSMF is:
A protein-sparing modified fast ( PSMF ) is a type of a very-low-calorie diet (<800 kcal per day) with a high proportion of protein calories and simultaneous restriction of carbohydrate and fat. It includes a protein component, fluids, and vitamin and mineral supplementation.

(Bruce Pick) #20

I went up about 1.5 lb. Did one day of OMAD and I’m back about where I should be. Wife firmly believes that’s not fair - and we’re both doing Keto.