Any feedback on what I can tweak with my keto plan as I’m unsure why I went up over 2 lbs after 3 days of fast and then eating my 2 meals

fasting

To pile on the message a bit, I haven’t been on a scale but once, before surgery, in 23 years. I go by jeans size. Scales can become their own sort of eating disorder. I maintain by pulling on my tightest non-stretchy jeans every couple weeks and wearing them. If it doesn’t hurt to sit or squat or my face doesn’t turn purple, I’m good. I don’t own a scale. And thankfully, docs don’t demand it any more.

It’s interesting what fasting or IM can do. I once tracked my ketones three times per day on my typical 3-day IF of 20-4 or 19-5. They went up and up and up, but on the third day crashed badly, which seems illogical, but there you have it. I also don’t like more than 3 days in a row of it, so my body, insisting I eat more often, knew all along that was the most I should do. The numbers on the meter confirmed the felt experience.

You’re doing fine. I really like the youtube channels of people who’ve lost a whole lot of weight: ketogenic woman, Terri Leist, carnivore Semi-Retired Bob…all are “real people,” not young and gorgeous, just regular folks who did an amazing thing. I never was 100 pounds overweight but they were, or 150 or more, and took it off. Stick with the behavior, avoid packaged foods that say “keto,” and you’ll do fine.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

Interesting diagnostic, lol! :+1: :rofl:

(JMarie 2769cedbf6aca43a0b51) #23

Good morning all!! I’m celebrating 27 days off sugar! It has been the greatest gift. I thank each of you bc this forum is incredibly helpful in guiding the way!

Awesome! Like the people on here !!! Some life changing advice freely available from experienced folk!