Any chance of a Weight Maintainers subform?

weightmaintenance

(Karen Parrott) #1

Any chance of a Weight Maintainers subform? I’ve been maintaining 5 years 9 months. I need the support of other long timers who might be like me- obese as a child, lots of FTO genes.

After all we will spend more time in weight maintenance than in weight loss (well, I could make the argument 40 years of yo-yo dieting is a long time- LOL). And I spy some folks regaining in Paleo/LCHF/Keto after loss.

Thanks for considering this sub!

(Jacquie) #2

I’ve been away from the forum for quite a while exploring other facebook groups, looking for long term (however you’d like to define that) keto (however you’d like to define that) folks and not having much luck. I’ve been keto for over 3 years but started lc in the mid-90’s with Eades Protein Power then paleo, primal and Whole30. Checking out the forum today, I came upon your post. :slight_smile: I think we come from a similar keto place of whole foods (paleo/primal/keto) but my background is different than yours, as I wasn’t obese as a child and never needed to lose more than 10-15 pounds. The surprise for me was being diagnosed as prediabetic doing Whole30 at goal weight and a good bf. I had just found keto and was starting to test BG.

Not sure how big you want to make your tent but I’d definitely be interested. I bet there are a lot of us ‘weight maintainers’ out there. :slight_smile:

(Karen Parrott) #3

Big tent!!! Same goals.

I think it is a jolly good idea. Maintenance is such an alien way of being for many of us.

@richard what do you think?

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Joining in on asking for this. I need to maintain these days. It is a new set of challenges. I have Karen’s post on maintenance

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/weight-maintenance-on-keto-list-your-best-practices-here/13096/2

but it would be great to have a forum about maintaining in general.

I don’t know about a sub-forum, but I do have a great book to suggest: “A New Atkins for a New You” by Drs Phinney, Volek, and Westman is an excellent resource for those who are seeking advice and info for maintenance. It’s available on Amazon for about $12-$15 depending on which you choose.

I’ve maintained a 100 lb weight loss(obese as a child and teen) for 17 yrs using the Zone, LC, South Beach, PSMF, carb cycling and finally ZC.

It seems the carnivore/ZC FB groups have more of the veterans than other groups.

(Richard Morris) #8

Great idea - here ya go

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/progress/maintenance

(Karen Parrott) #9

@richard Many thanks to you. !!!