Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Circulator on Sale

sousvide

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1

Amazon US

$99 right now. Just decided to jump on it, finally:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UKPBXM4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don’t know how long it’ll last, so if you’ve been thinking about it, now may be the time.

(Teresa Driver) #2

Congratulations! I am absolutely in love with ours. I find their app is very flaky on Android, but the sous vide itself is fantastic. My favorite youtube channel is Sous Vide Everything.

(Jim Russell) #3

I have both the Anova bluetooth and Chefsteps Joule. I love them both and now I can make two different things at different temps at the same time.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

I may end up just using it manually. It about me that the app requires location permission to connect to the circulator. I can think of any reason for that other than gathering data, data I don’t care for them to have.

I’ve got a grass food beef brisket in now. 24 hours at 155 and then into the oven for a crust.

(Mike W.) #5

iOS or Android? I never gave these permissions to use it. Not checked on location services either.

(Teresa Driver) #6

Android. I couldn’t even get it to open up and let me register on my Nexus.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #7

Android.

The permission thing might depend on the Android version you’re using. I’m on 7.1.1.

(Mike W.) #8

Ah. I’m currently using iOS.

(Roxanne) #9

Let us know how that goes - I have grass-fed brisket in my freezer :slight_smile:

(Stephanie Hanson) #10

Oh thank you for the YouTube channel rec!!!

(Stephanie Hanson) #11

I use mine manually too.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #12

Sous vide egg bites. Make them. Now:

https://anovaculinary.com/easy-homemade-sous-vide-egg-bites/

(Jim Russell) #13

I love these!

(Amber) #14

Dang I missed the sale lol. I’ve got it on my wish list.

(Bob Weiman) #15

I use mine manually. I experimented with the app but didn’t see where it added any real functionality.

(Troy) #16

On sale Right now for Pre Black Friday Deals

(G. Andrew Duthie) #17

They also have a smaller model, the Nano, for $75.

Just yesterday, I had some nicely fatty NY steaks that I cooked from frozen (frozen after adding avocado oil, salt, and pepper), and cooked for 24 hours or so at 135F.

The texture was fantastic.

Tip…sear the steaks in a hot cast iron pan, then deglaze the pan with some chicken or beef broth, add some heavy cream and butter, and cook down until it thickens. Then blitz it with a stick mixer and you will have some awesome gravy.

(Doug) #18

Good mention, Troy. Have been wanting to get into sous vide for a while - I guess this is the time.

(Troy) #19

Enjoy Doug!
Great
Happy that I spent your Keto funds
More importantly, looking forward to some tasty food pics
Yes, I live vicariously through yummy recipes and food pics🙂

I bought one of these as a gift to a friend who has been borrowing my anova for the past 4 months… :slight_smile:

It looks decent enough, and at $44 bucks… could be the intro cooker for anyone on the fence.