Another Poop Thread

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

The biggest influence on my stools is my salt intake. Too little, and I am constipated; too much, and my stools are very messy.

HA HA you know we own an rv and are super campers in that rv and we have a bathroom in it and what hubby does, he puts down just a few sheets of tp in the bowl and lets the water soak it down a bit and then does his poop and it all flushes down without skid marks then HAHA

thing is our rv toilet is VERY low water cause we must use less water in our tanks for longer use between dumps so he uses this method for his known icky poops, luckily I do small solid and done so I don’t bother, plus being a small floater helps HAHA but him, yikes LOL Just a suggestion for a cleaner bowl if ya need it LOL

I am super lucky. I am so fine in the bathroom from my old days and I yell over and over to anyone who will listen to this TMI issue that it is a great thing to have this all corrected for me. Remember tho very long time on plan with no gut issues truly to start etc so my plan gave me this big benefit and I am very happy for it :slight_smile:

(Kellyn ) #23

This is so smart!

(Laurie) #24

I’m eating a couple of tablespoons of either 10% yogurt or sauerkraut daily, just in case it helps with gut flora. (Also for a bit of variety.) The yogurt is fine, but the sauerkraut causes too-loose stools and an inconvenient urge to “go.” Not quite diarrhea, but close.

I seem to be getting more and more sensitive to all plant foods. That’s okay I guess.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #25

It’s okay to stop eating something that you think might be causing you harm, no matter how many other people tell you it’s good for you.

what it is, you are realizing that certain plant foods are not good for your body and you are reacting. You were always sensitive, now you are really seeing what foods work with you and which ones work SO against ya :slight_smile: As we go into a more zero carb type lifestyle everything we ditch, when we add back in a bit we see the results. But you know it is a good thing to see what foods do not set well with your body, at least you know and can bob and weave around and see what suits ya and what doesnt. Info like this is good to know on ourselves!

yea in the rv we use all types of little tricks to make the situations better for us all the time. With the rv toilet flush it is a lever. Step on it and it opens a slide door for flush and boy, you don’t wanna get junk trapped around that slide opening, I mean I don’t wanna be cleaning that all the time LOL

I can’t tolerate cow milk of any kind. I do sometimes eat goat/sheep cheese, though, and it tends to have the same effect only a lot milder (I don’t have to go for a full day, and on the next day I actually poop just fine 50% of the time).

The problem is that it seems to upset the balance in some way that returning to “normal” everything swings too far in the other direction again.

I used to drink coffee every Saturday (1/3 of a cup) to celebrate the start of the weekend :slight_smile: It didn’t seem to have an effect, but I’ve stopped it for other reasons (it’s too much of a drug for me).

As for the meats I eat, I’ve found that beef works the best (it’s what I eat 90% of the time). I eat only chuck, slow-cooked in the oven or cooked into a kind of soup on the stove. Sometimes I make meat balls or beef patties, but I don’t like eating dry food.

Pork tends to make pooping even looser, probably due to the higher fat content.

The worst is mutton (sadly, because the taste is divine!), which turns my poop really loose and gray. It also smells like grass (too high omega 3?) :confused:

I don’t salt my food since that leads to hypertension and possible leg cramps for me. I can’t relax with too much salt in my body.

(Edith) #29

My theory is that we tolerate plants and even think we thrive on them when we are young, as our bodies get older and less resilient, we become less and less tolerant of them. AND that maybe we become less resilient and develop the symptoms of aging because of the plant toxins in the first place.

agree.

eventually everyone loses ‘that resilient youth’ and it all catches up to us age we age. All, our chosen choices thru our lifestyles from this to that but yes, food is a monster part of it all. Wish I knew back then what I know now LOL