Another Newbie Saying Hi

(Leslie ) #1

Newbie here, but I’ve been lurking for a month or more learning so much! I started the keto WOE on July 19 at the recommendation of my doctor to help with headaches and restoring cognitive function following a pretty bad concussion, on top of a bunch of other things like diabetes type 2, high cholesterol, and depression. My diabetes was pretty much under control already, but now my doc has taken me off meds altogether. Yay! I’m hopeful I’ll drop the cholesterol med in November when I go back for blood work. (I’d only started it in February) The biggest result I noticed was that within a week after starting this I was able to think again. Really think, almost like I did before my accident. My short term memory is almost back to normal now. I’m amazed! I’d been struggling with this for a year, and finally a diet change solved it. I’ll forever recommend this WOE to everyone I meet. Oh, and the weight loss is nice too. :smile: Down 20, with 50 more to go to meet my goal. So that’s me in a nutshell… Hi!

(Doug) #2

Welcome, Leslie. :slightly_smiling_face:

That doctor sounds pretty cool and on top of things. Keto helping recovery from concussions - who knew?

(Leslie ) #3

Right? I had no idea. I know I’m super fortunate to have the doctor I do. He and his wife have been on keto for about a year now, so he’s recommending it to many of his patients. I think he’s convinced other doctors to look at the benefits as well. Pretty soon my whole town will be on keto! :joy:

(matt ) #4

Hi and welcome!!

Welcome home.

A doctor recommending Keto? Refreshing.

(Mark Rhodes) #6

SO glad your concussion is a thing of the past. i have suffered a few and know first hand how difficult they are. I am also glad your keto journey is going great. Welcome aboard!!

Welcome!

(Tracey M) #8

Hi Leslie!

My neurologist recommended keto for my myriad of symptoms which had previously been diagnosed as silent migraines, but he thinks they’re actually generalised sensory overload - he’s a keto-er too! I’m really pleased we have this wave of drs appearing who are pushing the boat out with lifestyle suggestions like keto, instead of just pushing more meds :slight_smile:

I’m hoping it’ll help my brain fog too - it’s definitely helped with my dizziness I was experiencing, so I can’t wait to find my concentration again!

I’m glad it’s helping you, it must be amazing to feel things improving <3

Welcome x

(Linda Culbreth) #10

Welcome. Glad you have the doc you have!

(Leslie ) #11

Tracey,
How fabulous that you found a neurologist who’s also a keto-er! It makes sense that keto would benefit those of us with brain issues. I hope you continue to see improvement.