Another good doctor visit

(Rick) #1

Hello again, lovely people! I had a visit with my endocrinologist today. Doc was very pleased with my BG control without meds and my 5.5 A1C. She really didn’t have any medications to phase out, that happened shortly after starting keto last September. She did complain about my LDL levels at 176, but I was able to avoid a statin push by explaining my lipids were still changing with my fat loss, and that I was content with my LDL level; that my improving Trigs and HDL along with lowering Trig/HDL ratio (down to 4.02 from a high last January of 13.75 and in August 2017 of 6.89) made me feel pretty good about the overall health improvement in my markers (Trigs 564 -> 269 -> 173). So she agreed, said “Keep doing what you are doing” and set the next visit for August. Wait until my docs get a load of my numbers in 6 months!!

Take home message: even for a train wreck like I was a year ago, Keto works magic in helping my body to heal itself. And there ain’t a single thing wrong with that!! :star_struck::sunglasses:

(Karen) #2

My LDL went up, my trigs down, my HDL up, so my trig/HDL ratio down. Got the medication suggestion, but hadn’t mentioned the keto, so I got what I deserved. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

K