Another Carnivore Thread

I hope it continues to be ok for you guys. That must be awful for the farmers affected.

absolutely I let it all go from the drama. not wasting time there ever :slight_smile:

yea meat recalls are gonna happen…one thing that is different a bit is that so much veggie is eaten raw. Meat is almost always cooked by the eater…some eat raw meat absolutely and fish etc. I get that but through consumption numbers vegetables and fruit are massively eaten raw food stores. So…numbers on this one LOL

and veggie stuffs are put into produced products more than meat…like frozen pretzels to bake in oven…but then again there are things like hot pockets with meat but I think the veggie/flour stuff is used in it all.

and omg I saw Purdue chicken commercial. Chicken nuggets for kids with a 1/4 cup of veggies smooshed up inside to trick your children to eat veggies…omg! heaven help us from those profit and fear mongering monsters out there.

More info for some to read if desired:

I love Amber O’Hearn. Empirica.

snippet from The Ultimate Guide to the Carnivore Diet

------ Another interesting property of a carnivorous ketogenic diet is how differently your body handles Vitamin C needs. Vitamin C helps us form collagen, a crucial component of functional arteries and youthful skin. It also helps synthesize L-carnitine, a compound that helps us burn fat by transporting fats into our mitochondria. By eating a carnitine rich diet, less vitamin C will be needed to synthesize it, thus freeing more of carnitine for collagen synthesis and other crucial processes. What foods are highest in carnitine? Animal foods of course! This may be one way carnivore diets are vitamin C sparing. Amber wrote about these vitamin C needs in the context of a carnivore diet in more depth here.

Carns don’t require high vitamin C. They don’t require supplement of it at all.

One has to go off and read the science.

Another fast thought

Do we seem holier than thou to others?

That is very interesting in that I think it comes from our confidence in our eating style. We get wonderful results. Our brain fog clears. Our bodies are healing and becoming healthy and a healthy non-toxic body functions so well and we feel so darn great and we thrive. Absolutely thrive…so when we spout just how darn great this eating plan is, the power of it, the force of it in changing us to achieve the most wonderful results, do we sound superior?

HUH? If we do it is cause we are top dogs now. Feel wonderful, have to scream that from the roof top I guess.

Does it come off wrong in some people’s eyes? I am sure it does.

Do we care? Not one darn bit. I know I will never back down saying how wonderful this plan is and my stellar results and my positive attitude. Other’s opinions not to give credit where credit due in changing ourselves does not matter to Carnivores. We do for us. We shout wonderful things about our plans.

Does a lion care what a zebra thinks. Never, it is just food to them and has no influence over them other than to be a meal.

And that is why it is wonderful we have a Zero Carb category. So we can do that as we should. So we can chat our great lifestyle. Keep it here in our own little ZC/Carnivore thread world :slight_smile:

eh, just some thoughts I wanted to get out. I won’t back down as an advocate for my plan. No one should. You love keto, you should shout for keto. You love low kcal/low fat…have at it. I should be allowed to have my full chat on ZC and yell it to the world. How anyone perceives it is their own problem :slight_smile: I won’t ever make another’s problem mine.

Personally, I think we’re a lot less obnoxious than the “ethical” vegan crowd but there are jerks in every group and most of them are on facebook.

It’s easy to drift from enthusiasm into triumphalism, though, and the latter should be avoided as it really turns people off.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #126

My goal too is to be in enough shape to intimidate when my daughter starts dating! :laughing:

My employees are having a health discussion outside my office.

Walk away…walk away…walk away.

Swine disease here in Hungary too… :frowning:
Pork always was my favorite meat but I love the pigs themselves too, smart, playful animals and the wild ones are good looking too. I might have more wild boar neighbors than human ones, I just rarely see the shy 4 legged ones because they are mostly active when I am sleeping or they just hide away from the scary humans who hunts them around here. I often see deers though and sometimes it’s impossible to take a walk without shocking some pheasants. It would be nice to have forests and wild animals for a long, long time despite all these humans multiplying like crazy and inevitably doing stupid and harmful things. I totally like certain individuals, just my species in general looks bad.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #129

This applies no matter what the subject is. Great point Bob. We should remain humble and not give a air of superiority if we want to win people over to our way of thinking. No body likes the superiority dance. :cowboy_hat_face:

If ya really want to get wild and crazy with some beef, ask your butcher for the navel cut. If you know your bovine anatomy, the brisket is the cut below the head at the front end. The section that joins behind it is the navel cut, though some call it the “plate”. Its basically the beef belly, just like the pork belly on a piggy.
From the navel cut, you can make beef bacon. And, lemme tell ya… Its in a class all its own!

Some of my other favs, in addition to the beef belly, are short ribs and stew meat. Slow cooked, then seared or broiled. I pull apart, dip in butter, and enjoy. Steaks are always welcome, too. I absolutely LOVE cooking, and I am happy to cook whatever for my family - but, for the most part, I just stay on the straight and narrow with carnivore. Its done wonders in erasing joint pain, aches, etc that come with aging. Getting rid of nightshades was absolutely key in reducing inflammation, which is why I dialed in to a mostly carnivore version of Keto.

I’m 52, have lost 50 pounds since the end of March this year, and feel like teenager. Sometime in August, I went full carnivore. Traveled, and saw our second oldest in October. From 15-20 feet away, he didn’t even recognize me, and he had seen me last in July. Pretty flippin’ cool how a drastic change in diet accomplishes make-over results!

Tomatoes are my sworn enemy.

Thanks for the tip on beef cuts!

An older but very good blog post. For some people going full carnivore is actually EASIER than keto or low carb.

I saw the logic in it before I’ve read the reasons. I am perfectly sure it can be very liberating to get rid of all bother at once and not being obsessed with baking on keto, trying to imitate things (ketoers are often like many vegans, trying to do the impossible. or they have some odd tastebuds) or even just being still addicted to sweet things. It’s still super hard/impossible for some of us though. We might see we do it wrong but we can’t help it so easily. Or maybe we like our addictions and find it good. Sometimes we are right.
For me, low-carb was easier than anything else, including doing nothing. I dropped a burden. Best decision ever. I never craved sugar, at least definitely not added sugar. I like certain (usually) sweet things but I dislike sugar, there’s a difference. Keto was trickier but I did it in 2 jumps. But it’s not perfect yet. It’s great if someone can reach their final destination in one go. I’m envious.

The second reason isn’t necessarily the problem of low-carb. It’s the problem of “too high-carb or too low-calorie” LCLF for someone who gets satiated eating fatty proteins better than carbs. Not surprising it doesn’t went well. (I wouldn’t last for 2 days. My room 101 would be low-fat.)

good point bob.

but I think when someone is truly reveling in their plan and getting success other’s can become jealous, bitter, and cruel. Seen it before.

but I know I best let it drop :slight_smile:

great info and chat on the board!

nightshades…bad news.

I think Carnivore absolutely suits people who want very simple. No macros, no tracking, no counting, no wondering about anything, no forced IF situations…you just do the meats and seafoods and have at it and not think about much on this plan at all. I love simple and require it actually…a plan too involved gets me to quit fast. A plan that truly requires almost nothing to it and eat all I love, yea it works for me.

I’m wanting to give this a try. I’ve got liver and kidney in the freezer, though, so might just give it a shot myself. I get liver from these guys and that’s the one I’ll eat raw as it’s well sourced. Grocery store I only get calf liver and that gets cooked. Unfortunately, I’ve already ordered from them very recently but maybe if this gets back in stock it’ll be on my next order.
https://grasslandbeef.com/75-lean-ground-beef-heart-kidney-liver-1-lb-pkg

wow that seems like a great product. when you get a chance to order I can’t wait to hear how you like it. Nice way to get organ meats into one’s menu and not even know you are doing it. cool

I want to get some of that too. Because I’m on the Paleolithic Ketogenic Diet (PKD) my fat to protein ratio is 2 to 1. I buy their 55% ground beef with heart in it and use it as a fat bomb. I love to make it ahead of time and then eat it cold. I noticed that that 75% ground beef you linked to was sold out super fast. I wanna buy that and then just add some of their tallow to up the fat a bit.

I wore a carnivore shirt to work today. The folks who work for me are used to it but I dropped by another office and it got a pretty good conversation going. I got in some good points about the nutrient sufficiency of meat and how there was nothing the body needs that you can’t get, in a good digestible form, in animal food. One of the guys there actually was turned on to “Wheat Belly” by his Dr. I took that as a good sign. He was the one actually agreeing with me that all you really need is in meat. It was a good discussion and not heated at all. Kinda nice.

(hottie turned hag) #139

(Susan) #140

Hahahahaha.