Another carnivore benefit

(Alec) #1

I was made redundant yesterday… don’t worry, not that big a deal… I am 60, and I am sick of this company, and they are giving me a very large cheque.

But having said all that, yesterday was stressful. It wasn’t nice. Big blow to the ego. Before I was carnivore, my natural reaction to big stress was to eat… and pre-keto it was to eat carbs, usually chocolate. Lot and lots of it.

Yesterday, I forgot to eat. Got to dinner time and realised that I had simply not eaten all day. And it was no drama. Just had a nice steak and job done.

To me, more evidence that carni is the right way to eat.

(Robin) #2

Redundant! What a terrible word.
I hate to give you a :heart: for times as these. But man, oh man… stress management is an underrated benefit of keto/carni.

And sounds like they probably did you a favor, in the long run.
How often are we forced to stop and take stock of where we are
and how we choose to proceed?
Now you are off the hamster wheel and can regain your balance before your next chapter.

I’m betting on an “epic” comeback!

(Alec) #3

Robin
It is an interesting question… I have enough retirement funds to comfortably retire, so essentially I can now do what I want. There are lots of things I want to do, but at the moment I have yet to make a good plan, all I have right now is a jumble of ideas.

But I have plenty of time to sort things through and work out what the next chapter looks like.

Thanks for seeing and replying.
Cheers
Alec

(Robin) #4

Time is your friend. I believe the right thing will to you, not the other way around. And what. Wonderful luxury to take your time.

(Brandon Rumann) #5

Moderator’s note: this post can now be found at

(Sid) #6

Sorry to hear about that! Hope you’ll find something new and exciting soon enough!

I totally agree with the diet helping to regulate “comfort-eating” since after a while you just don’t feel those urges anymore. It’s truly amazing how many positive things carni/keto does for you! :slight_smile:

Cheers

(Brandon Rumann) #7

Thank you! And totally agreed.

I am glad to report I am starting the diet again!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Mazel tov!

My spouse has a new diversity hire girl boss. She has hit the ground running in the wrong direction. He is strongly considering retirement. She is awful to all of the staff. One quit, packed his gear and walked out. One is my DH and the other is under terrible stress. The remaining temp is an idiot who doesnt know how to deal with customers.