Another can't get into Ketosis post - need help!

Yes it’s counter intuitive. And it takes a few days to burn off stored glycogen so you would not be in ketosis for half the keto week. You would just be in limbo.

Cycling between carbs/keto may work best for her, but the keto doctors and scientists who are experts in ketosis don’t recommend that.

They say if you are allergic to nuts, would you eat them every other week? If you are lactose intolerant would you drink milk every other week? Would a coeliac eat wheat, at all?

If you are carbohydrate intolerant should you overdoes on insulin every other week?

I someone did 11 months keto and 1 month carbs then maybe

(Frank) #22

That’d be a hard pass for me even as far along as I am. The only grains that have any part of my life have been mashed, fermented, and carbonated.

(diana barrett) #23

so two weeks later…I have lost not one pound. I’ve been fully compliant, eating less than 20…eating the prescribed macros at each meal. Perhaps there are some people who simply don’t do well on Keto?

(Todd Batitis) #24

This could very well be it. When I was doing LCHP and targetting around 85g carbs and 160g protein and not worrrying about what my fat was, it was important for me to restrict calories or burn them to be able to keep seeing a loss. My calories were set right around 2160 calories.and worked to keep it between 1500-1800 if possible.

Doing keto and 20:4 Intermittent Fasting, I still keep that 2160 range in mind but have lost as much as 6 pounds in a week doing 2200-2800 calories. The difference being that those calories are keto and my insulin is being kept low for a very long time each day due to IF meant that even with very little activity, I continue to lose weight.

And again, when it comes to ketosis and BHB in the blood specifically, keep in mind that different people are different. Richard Morris of the 2 Keto Dudes podcast is a champion keto king and does fasting regularly. If I recall it correctly, the only way he can get into really deep ketosis above 1.0 mmoL is during extended water fasts. For me, I see 2.1-2.6 daily. Does that mean one of us is doing it better? No, just that our bodies react differently.

Keep Calm and Keto On!