Angus August Carnivore

(Karen) #441

@Fangs burger looked great. Funny I think I eat a lit sometimes but then I see your 1 lb of burger and it makes my food look miniscule! :laughing:

So for brunch 8 made a prawn omelette. Think my frying pan is 9n the way out as the egg stuck to bottom but fortunately all was not lost it just looked more like a scrambled onelete! It was very tasty and filling.

Then my beef stewing steak was ready cooked in slow cooker and I ate the 2 small pieces in photo followed by another piece the size of both of those together. Then I had the last of the rollmop herrings and some cockles. Then fancied the chicken wings I bought yesterday and yes I ate every last mouthful lol

@Karen18
wonderful pics, girl you are a great carnivore eater, not a doubt about it!!

-----------I got sicky icky today. So out shopping we a goā€¦me and kiddoā€¦hit pharmacy and hit perfume aisle. Me and daughter sniffed a bunch and I knew I was gonna go down, strong smells take out my sinus for me and yea, it happened. Got woozy/light headed and then had little shooty pains around my eyes and tearing started and snotty time kicked in and then I got kina sick on my stomach. OK RAN out of that area but too late, I had all those tiny smell particles up my snooze!!

then we hit dollar store for a few items and daughter starts sniffing tons of diff. fragrance candles. omg most of them here like smelling the landfill on a 100 deg. day! gross. She made me sniff a bunch and by the time we got outta there and home, I am icked out. Tummy is off and head is blown.

I remember at the hardware store I walked thru the fertilizer aisle and that strong chem smell, by the time I got out of that area I was sicky icky tooā€¦and that was outside aisle in the garden areaā€¦I know it doesnt take much to take me down sometimes.

Had 5 slices of that bacon hubby cooked. before leaving had 2 small sausage patties cause not sure when I was gonna eat again and kid wanted fast food and I didnā€™t, but when I got home I was ā€˜just hungry enoughā€™ to eat that 1/2 lb. leftover mini meatloaf and then, yea, it took out my tummy LOL now I feel definitely sicky icky tummy. So eating will be light today, I had chicken planned but I ainā€™t touching it, canā€™t do it.

good thing is by tomorrow I will be hungry come my usual time and eat well.

Who knew regular olā€™ shopping is dangerous to this olā€™ chickā€¦but ya know I wouldnā€™t be in perfume aisle or candle aisle if my kid didnā€™t put me there :slight_smile: eh, will live as usual of course!!

OMG @Fangs ! I used to be the kid in that situation, and Iā€™d go with my grammie to the mall and do just that. My parents would bring me to visit her, and weā€™d all hop in the car and go shopping at her mall. Weā€™d hit the perfume counters and spray every.single.one. on ourselves. Might even buy one or two. But boy, oh boy! when me and gram got into the car, I thought my parents were gonna die from the smell!! LOLOLOL! Grammie was like a little kid trapped in an old body. Gosh, she was great! Oh, that made me laugh! thank you! I hope you feel better, though. I got a good idea now of how my parents must have felt driving us home. That must have been horrible!

Worked 8-430 today, got home, and ate a hunk of chuck steak I cooked in the insta pot a couple days ago. I had a couple beef sticks and cheese at work, some tea, and coffee with MCT at breakfast. FINALLY starting to feel deep in the groove now. Oooooo. Eating my chuck steak, I was thinking, ā€œYouā€™re my First, my Last, my Everythingā€. You know youā€™re waaaaayyyyy deep into somethinā€™ REAL good when youā€™re humming Barry White tunes! LOL!

So, went out, fed the chickens and turkeys, gathered eggs- 9 today, picked cukes out of the garden and am pickling some with the carrots I yanked out. Not for me, but I got house guests set to arrive in a few days.

Resting the foot now. Just need to chill a bit before I get after it again. Have a good one, all!

(Robin) #444

@FrankoBear
I read this today and sent to a few select friends.
And you also came to mindā€¦ you and your poetā€™s soulā€¦

Half Wild

I live in a fishing village
with an ocean
that storms and then
steadies.

With a bald eagle
who has made a nest
in my neighborā€™s tree.

He is almost as large as me!
And when he turns his head
to look at me, I feel too seen.

I grab my dog
because we cannot be food
as the eagle tells me
he is not in the mood.

ā€œI am only picking up
Oliver to hold him because
he gets quite cold in the morning.
We are actually very brave, Eagle
whatā€™s it to you?ā€

ā€œToo many words human thing,ā€
and then he flies and the sky
opens and my mouth cannot close
for I truly had no idea wings could be
that large and a bird
so king, so everything.

The earth here
paints and provides.
A page I am reading.
A life I am needing.
It is extraordinary.

I look at the waterā€”
her depth
so sound
her beauty
surreal.

I follow
her tide and I see
her wake.
I feel the ebb and flow
of her entire
majesty.
It is humbling.

Each day men sail and seek
along the body
of her water
in this town.

They go out in the morning
still half asleep.
She likes them this wayā€”
tender
grumbling.

She remembers when
they were kids
with fishing lines
and small insects.
Lanky legs
light hearts
curious eyes
and the sea then was
a world to explore.

The days were more gentle.
It was give and take.

But they are fishermen now
and they remember why
they are here.

It is work.
People must be fed.
The ocean and the men
both know this.

And so the ocean storms
to tell all the fish
the men have come.
She circles them
with her cool beauty.
Surrounds them
with magic
and a hope for life.

Whatever happens
she will be there
for the fish
and for the men.

For she cannot save the fish
only house them
only love them
should they live
or die.

On and on
it goes.
Some make it
and some donā€™t.

Blood in the water.
School is out.
The ocean beats her heart
against the cliff.
Whatā€™s done is done.

And the morning clouds
puff and sigh
and donā€™t forget
the small birdling
who never made it
back to the nest
no matter how much
her mother called.

I am troubled by this.
A tender human.
The baby bird!
The salmon!

And the bald eagle
comes to pat
my worried head
with amusement
and pity.

ā€œIt must be hard for her,ā€
he groans to the others.
ā€œShe is only half wild.ā€

Itā€™s all in a dayā€™s work,
the sky whispers to me kindly.
Love it or
let it be.

This has always been happening.
This has always been happening.

~Jeannette Encinias

Art takes us there. There, where we need to be. Momentarily out of ourselves. Or deep in the inner see.
(Frank Bear, 2022)

(Megan) #446

Saw this the other day. The answer to what to give a carnivore for their birthday.

A lamb inside a pig inside a cow.

Not a great photo (even the light wasnā€™t good enough) but I assure you all, these are real beauties :heart_eyes: At least in my eyes. And now I got some ā€œpsychosomatic hungerā€ or how should I call it :smiley: But I know I donā€™t need food yet. I just made these in the morning for reasons.

Pork chuck roast, my top fav staple food. Well, along with sponge cakes but I canā€™t make a meal from the latter, they have the supporter role.

I realized that I donā€™t need to use my smaller but deep oven panā€¦ This one came with the mini oven and I used it for various stuff so I need to get the meat out of it soon but it has the wonderful advantage of not having sharp corners like the deep pan. Fine, I can use metal sponge on it but those sharp corners will stay forever brown and whatever I can do to limit the brownness is not enjoyable work. This one has rounded corners :slight_smile: And I have found some ā€œteflon spongeā€ again! I sooo missed them. They are almost as effective as metal sponges but soft enough to use on any surface. So I happily cleaned this pan and now I use it.

I wondered about people who has problems with cooking again. Sometimes a newbie comes and have problems with cooking keto food. But I just cut a 2330g pork chuck slab into a few pieces and put them into the ovenā€¦ 1 hour later I flipped them and salted. 1 hour later I flipped, salted and realized itā€™s basically ready but they got a few more minsā€¦ It surely can be done even simpler. And now I have food for days, I just need to add some eggs.

I am back for today at least, I actually plan 2 keto days for the rest of August (thatā€™s super challenging, itā€™s harder than carnivore but I have some ideas I want to do and couldnā€™t in the weekend) and then a carni September. But today I need some simple carni day after my weekend (I didnā€™t track but I guess it was a high-carb and a low-carb day. felt fine but not the best, carbs always put someā€¦ pressureā€¦? on me. odd feeling. and the food was enjoyable but not THAT great, today surely will be better - pork chuck roast after low-meat carbier days? it will be a dream and a good one, most probably - so it didnā€™t really worth it. oh well, my inner rebel self should be okay for some weeks, at least. but I shouldnā€™t forget this. this underwhelming carbs came long after I tried out carnivore, I always had great fun when I went off ketoā€¦ sometimes I overdid it, sure but usually not. but I changed and itā€™s actually good. if I want to try something, adding my tiny extras is the best, hands down. adding much more usually give me less joy. but this knowledge still havenā€™t sink inā€¦ anyway, compulsions have no logic but I have and the compulsions got weaker so I can overpower them most of the time I believe. but I write too much again).

Today I plan to eat only roast and some eggs :slight_smile: It canā€™t be so hard nowā€¦ And then it will be one of my simplest days ever. I want to eat simple lately, sounds a good idea.

I enjoyed my eggs but not in big amounts in the weekend. And I postponed my meatless experiments again. It was only a little sausage yesterday though.

But today will be good :slight_smile: The last time I had pork chuck roast I went on holiday and ate mostly other stuff and ate it in the zoo days laterā€¦ Jumping it when fresh and warm is different.

@Fangs, I hope you get better soon!

(Karen) #448

Oh dear @Fangs you know I hate a lot of perfume smells especially when walking passed a person in the street whoā€™s wearing some but worst for me is aftershave, I used to say to bfā€™s please donā€™t wear any or at least not to put it on just prior to getting in car to pick me up because I would just start sneezing constantly! Aerosol deo does same thing plus I canā€™t stand the smell but I am fine with smelling fragrant candles. Hate aerosol anythings lol.

And donā€™t blame your kiddo for you being icky, naughty mummy ā€¦ if you knew what would happen ā€¦ yeah? Its like eating a ton of food and putting weight on and blaming someone else for putting it in front of you :wink:

(Karen) #449

:astonished: WOW that sounds amazing and so tasty!

(Linda ) #450

Yesterdays 2nd meal around 2.30 was about 10 jumbo shrimp and a couple pieces of chicken breast pulled off a rotisserie chicken followed by a small piece of goat and sheep milk fetta and a cup of coffee with a yolk .Not sure why that filled me but it did til this morning so im not eating just to eatā€¦but I woke up early like 3.30 am had to take dog out so tested my blood at 99ā€¦but I wasnā€™t hungry and I dont eat in the middle of the night
Got up again just before 6am mornings fasting bs was 91 so still droppingā€¦but by then i was hungry so I made picanha just after 6am and added about 1.5 ounces of goats cheeseā€¦ and a cup of coffee with an egg yolk.
I ate a few bites of the fat and threw the rest away.
I must admit at first I thought the cheese tasted a little salty but def very goodā€¦

sorry Kā€¦still gonna blame the kiddo HAHA
but you are right, my inner addiction is I MUST smell some perfumes and fragances sometimesā€¦and I have to pay that price!!

you do sound like me, I must approve any aftershave or cologne that hubby uses. Has to be a lighter scent vs. that super heavy oneā€¦like you, those heavy ones ā€˜get me badā€™ :sunny:

also in the car hubby loves loves loves air fresheners that click onto the ventsā€¦I get in the truck and first thing I do is pull ALL the vent clip fresheners! OMgosh, long rv road trip or any trip there is no way I am having my AC in the car being blown thru smelly smells straight at me LOL drives hubby crazy I do it, cause then later he has to put them all back on. ahhh poor guy right? heehee

I gotta say the frangrance was all a pumpkin type spice combo with other smells like pine, amber? never heard of that smell before in a candle or combined as pumpkin and apple cinnamon and I have to say, somehow that pumpkin smell in every candle was like a rancid smell to meā€¦yes I am a candle smelling avoiding person nowā€¦mostly have been. I ask family since I need nothing for Xmas time, just get me a candle and boy oh boy the smell they bring me all the time I end up throwing the whole thing out later when they donā€™t know cause I ainā€™t burning itā€¦yea me bad! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Stupid me has to start asking for something I will actually use!

yea I think it is those trying to re-create all the recipes they loved that were bad and try to make into Keto plan food. I know I tried to do it and it was annoying as heck to use ALL new lc ingredients I paid big money for only to hate the final taste of the crap I tried to cook, lol

Question, just wondering, when you said a ā€˜higher carbā€™ day what kinda value is that? Are you talking like 30g which is still ā€˜lcā€™ ya know or are ya talking more like a 90-100g carb day? Just curious cause what some call a ā€˜higher carbā€™ day when we are very carb controlled can really be a very low carb day but we think it is high, well it would be for any of us doing ā€˜extreme carb controlā€™ in our day.

I love my mini oven also. Use it all I can at all times. I hate turning on the big oven, definitely in high heat weather. Avoid using it like the plague. Mini oven does it all and I am a super fan of mine also.

good pics! yum

@Azi great post to read!
I used seafood and chick alot and it fits well into zc.
Ya know sometimes ā€˜our focusā€™ takes away from our appetite too like when life makes us forget our eating but we ā€˜eat on the roadā€™ or eat thru convenience etcā€¦right now you are on YOU and your eating as a focus and YOU are feeling you again and the right path forward so that is cool. I been there too, sometimes that ā€˜where do I stand focusā€™ of my eating does come into play to change us and help us again.

You being home, relaxed more in your environment is a big plus, you rock on!!

---------------still tummy is a tad icky. head feels ok thru some sinus pills and cleared me but no idea why the tummy is off a bit. woke up with it feeling sour.

so very hungry last night but tummy said nope, but brain and rest of body said I WANNA eat so I opened a can of sardines and woofed those down fine. Hubby is like your tummy is off and you choose sardines, WHO are you? haha After I wanted a bit more but couldnā€™t handle heavy meats so I just ate a beef stick slow and enjoyed it and it was enough to fit the bill for me.

I know I ainā€™t truly gut sick from whatever, if I can eat a tin of sardines at 8 at night and a beef stick then I am alive and kickinā€™ and doing wellā€¦lol

today is gonna be limited on food alsoā€¦can just feel it. But I will do chick breast in pan very simple fast and nibble on it and that should do me fine. I know I want food point blank but that sour type tummy IS JUST enough to keep me off hounding down a 1 lb ribeye :roll_eyes::smirk:

First Senior year back to school for daughter. house so quiet. hubby to work, kid to school, dog sleeping again now and it is so peaceful!

Onward allā€¦Angus August is fading into the past and our
Surf/Tur-tember is coming at us full speed.

very great vid for US WHO MUST BE hereā€¦just a longer vid but SO worth taking the time to check out.

(Linda ) #453

Yeah I think your right this has taken the focus from what do I do? what can I change based on what has worked for others but not for meā€¦ to what is my body saying what is it doingā€¦
I wanted simple and canā€™t get much simplerā€¦ eat if your blood sugar is normal and a good meal will not raise me over 120 ,points after two hours. Ive not hit that yetā€¦if its over then I need to ditch that food cos its doing damage or cut way back on what ever it was in portions
And if I eat too much fat the longer blood sugar will stay up. And delay eatingā€¦
Because my appitite has dropped way back eating leaner is not making me hungry shock shock cos psmf didnā€™t do thatā€¦ ā€¦
But I didnā€™t know higher blood sugar brings hungerā€¦ and I had stopped testing my blood glucose normal used to be 70s or low 80s next week Iā€™ll start slowly dropping the number when I can eat a little lower til I can eventually bring it back to healthy range againā€¦

well like all of us who go ā€˜very low sugarā€™ ever in a day canā€™t even imagine that a spike can come from XYZ ā€˜other intakeā€™ thru drink and food bites we do so it is best we learn US as we need to learn it to suit us.

just posted a video of Brett and why ANY sugar intake from anything can throw anyone ā€˜one of usā€™ who require none to be ā€˜differentā€™ and we experinece it fast.

not saying you or me or whatever here, but it sheds light on so much of why we walked here knowing we kinda need to be here ya knowā€¦alot of chat against Paul S and that is what the video is about, but when I listened to what suited ME in the realm of real experience on this lifestyle I see what FITS me here i this vid chat and I also know I learned more about me, again. I cement me from this vid chat in a way that again, helps me personally so much.

you keep on knowing and learning. all any of us can do for each of us of course and you sound ā€˜very in that zoneā€™ seeing more you and I love that.

We needed our AC checked out, it was fine just filter washing was neededā€¦ The man was so lovely, we talked all the time and he showed me his box so excitedly when I showed interest :smiley: I have some social life, unusually much lately as yesterday we talked with a neighbour too :smiley:

Itā€™s nearly 2pm and I still didnā€™t touch the roast but the desire is there!

That actually can take insane amounts of time, I remember my pancake and sponge cake experimentsā€¦ Aaaaaall that time and in the end I only use eggs and not much else and itā€™s the bestā€¦ And I tried out each and every oily seed flours and fibers and whatnots I had and I had manyā€¦ The variations were endless. I donā€™t miss those times but making recipes using a more restricted ingredient list is still fun here and there. Not when I am on a pancake mission and work on it regularly for yearsā€¦ It sounds so stupid now but well, I had to. I needed my pancakes. I am not sure I do it now but I surely will want them here and there. I had times when I ate them every day. I couldnā€™t eat my 6-10 eggs a day year after year without pancakes. Itā€™s not that important now.

I am sorry, I just started to write and thinkā€¦ It will be carby as itā€™s all about carbs.

I think I wrote high-carb.
When I just say higher, that can be indeed still low-carb but can go up to 100-150g. I think itā€™s usually below 100, I never donā€™t feel right over 80g. But one day is okay.
High-carb is over 150-160g in this country if we look at it officially and I use the word like that. If I know the number, I call it moderate-carb if itā€™s over 80g but below 150-160. Itā€™s totally high from my viewpoint but we humans need some common ground.
ā€œKetoā€ (if I talk about myself) is below 45g net.
My low-carb (the thing I did in my low-carb years and felt good with it) is 80g net or less, I lost fat exclusively there (except a tiny amount here and there but that was negligible and came back anyway). So if I say low-carb, itā€™s usually over 45g net.

Saturday was unusually high-carb, it probably was similar to my more modest old high-carb days? I never could go super high without extreme circumstances and Alvaro is the same as fat was always our main macro, hands down.
The old cookbooks with macro advice I saw at my aunt, those were soooo insane. Like, 695g carbs a day. For someone who needs much energy (they pretty much overestimated the energy need of people too) but still. With protein and fat around the safe minimumā€¦ I am pretty sure that is something that always was physically impossible for me to do. 400g fat? Sure, not too hard if the day and items are right. But very high-carb? No, I canā€™t eat that much fat. And without enough fat itā€™s just the worst diet ever.

I feel bad about talking about carbs so muchā€¦ but yep, I had a wild Saturday. Not as wild as my old days, I ate natural sugars and starches from proper food (in a general sense, not for me). But a lot. Nothing extreme, I am able to eat waaaaaaay more (not a good idea so I donā€™t do it but itā€™s possible under the right circumstances) but yeah. My carb intake was like Alvaroā€™s on some day, I have little data about him and he can eat <200g and 400g carbs too, he is usually way lower than the latter, that was a carbs with carbs day, every dish was based on carbs, sometimes it was simply 3 different carbs, period. He canā€™t go higher (without knocking out his vanity and health-consciousness but maybe not even then). I totally could for a fortune (but I would accept certain superpowers too). Not a chance without that, I hate eating low-fat and I canā€™t eat high enough fat at that level.
So Saturday was very rare, multiple items joined forces, I ate in a big eating window so I surely ate a lot (I needed my meat, eggs and dairy too). My higher-carb days arenā€™t high-carb normally.

If I donā€™t do carnivore or close, I very easily stray a bit far. When I go off ā€œall the timeā€, those are modest, even keto days are possible but I donā€™t go beyond my old low-carb. But if itā€™s after some build-up and there are multiple carby things I want to try and I donā€™t think I should be shy as itā€™s a rare thingā€¦ Thatā€™s more serious.

Extreme carb control surely isnā€™t my thing. I just choose my items. If I stay like this, ā€œmeat is nice galoreā€ and ā€œa few eggs are plentyā€, I imagine having some <3g carb days in September. I never was that low except when I ate 600g beef and a yolk. I always had too many eggs for that, among others.
Itā€™s a bit odd. I can stay super low for a short time, very easily and all if wellā€¦ But I easily can go pretty high too. I just need to choose carbier items from the ones I like and handle well. Even eaten modestly, itā€™s easy to go high. Occasionally, at least, when I have the desire and carelessness for it. Normally I eat zero to tiny amounts from my non-staple items and itā€™s quite fine. I feel the need (not necessarily proper desire, itā€™s complicated) to taste something quite often but I donā€™t want a serious amount.

And now I wanna talk about carni food only for a while :smiley:

(Linda ) #456

No I donā€™t eat any fruit or vegetables but I have been guilty of having sweetner in items at times in the pastā€¦ like in sour cream or odd drinkā€¦
It was shocking to see my blood sugars be so high up compared to where they were at my goal weightā€¦
Will this lead to weightloss? time will tell but for now seeing my blood numbers improving everyday has been exciting and knowing something I was doing was obviously not working for me at allā€¦I was headed in the wrong directionā€¦weight gain was telling me that but nothing I had tried doing was reversing itā€¦so im greatful to at least be reversing the blood numbers or im sure that would have reflected in my a1cā€¦ Right now
Iā€™m pretty clean with my eating and will continue this through September that will give me a great opportunity to get my fasting blood sugars down into hopefully 80s mid to higher 70sā€¦
I changed to goat cheese to try and keep away from cow dairyā€¦and because of the medium chain amino acidsā€¦ so I can still have fat to add to leaner meat.

(Judy Thompson) #457

Whew, hard week. Never really caught a break from the ceaseless running around. Yesterday morning I finished rewriting 2 tunes for church (theyā€™re all in wrong keys) then bathed and trimmed the puppy before church. At church there were of sausage links wrapped in tortillas and I unwrapped and ate one, had a cup of coffee there with half and half.
We immediately went to the roadhouse to play for a benefit and I got an ipa. We were there for about 3 hours (2 more ipas), last hour I took the puppy to the ladies room and had to lean against the wall to stay upright. I wasnā€™t feeling drunk at all but my nervous system must have been shot because at the end I tried to get out of my chair and fell. 3 or 4 men caught me and broke my fall but in the end I fell anyway landing on my orbital bone and bending my glasses. I never did feel drunk but lost a little time/memory of our performance which was as good as ever, and no slurred speech or anything.
Lastnight, palpitations, mad dashes to the bathroom, and some good research about what exactly happened there!
We had scotch eggs upon arriving home.

Later I had some tuna but afterwards I felt nauseous.
Here is what I found that explained my situation best - and I can probably secretly consider myself an alcoholic as long as Iā€™m carnivore because I can never know if this will be the time it will happen again!
Not to mention that what I read also suggested that any benefit I have derived from a day on carnivore is reversed by an evening drinky :crazy_face:

The Carnivore Diet & Alcohol Donā€™t Mix

One of the main reasons not to drink alcohol on the carnivore diet is that itā€™ll make you get drunk quicker, and give you a worse hangover.

First, without carbs in your system, your body will absorb alcohol faster, and itā€™ll go straight to your head. Plus, because your body is prioritizing getting the alcohol out of your system instead of turning fat into energy, the acetone will get sent to your brain, making your hangover much worse than someone on a standard diet.

That being said I have no headache this morning, just that morning after dizzy feeling - last time ever.

I never had hangover except when I was super crazy in the first 1-2 times when I had no idea about my limitsā€¦ But I never had drunk on keto either. I just canā€™t drink enough for that.
And as time passes, the thought of booze enters my brain less and less. Not every 2nd month as before :smiley: (Actually, the thought was there 1-2 times a month, I even planned to act on it, I just forgot in a minuteā€¦)

I didnā€™t want to write another comment but if I am hereā€¦
I had my lunch. My hunger is still not really present, I wondered if I only eat because I have nice new roast and itā€™s lunchtime, maybe I should waitā€¦? But the first bite changed things. So it was a good idea to eat I suppose. I had 360g pork (exactly one piece, a smaller one) and 2 eggs. And I am perfectly satiated since.

It was nice but I am not sure pork chuck is my fav cut anymore. There is something in pork butt that is more charming, the meat is more lovely. The chuck feels too fatty in the meat part. I totally enjoy and need visible fat in any cuts. Cutting a piece of butt with more visible fat than average, I think that is my favorite now. After all that ham/butt eating, chuck feels like meat saturated with fat, a bit too much for meā€¦ But I still canā€™t eat it without visible fat. I used the fatty stuff in the bottom of the oven pan :slight_smile: I managed not to burn it, yay!
The whole 2330g slab produced ~85g lard (and some more but I ate that up with the less fatty parts of my piece). And I still have my leftover lard from beforeā€¦ I focus on leaner meat for a while after I finish this batch (minus what I put into the freezer), we need shopping. We probably visit the city in the weekend again.

No wonder I liked fatty ham so much when I could get itā€¦ Lean meat and almost as much fat (the fatty ham had less fat but Alvaro ate it with way less fat so my share became perfection). of course the smoked ham taste was important too but I am very sensitive to the fat/protein ratio and that where is the fat, apparentlyā€¦

(Linda ) #459

Sorry to hear you fell that had to be scary yeah I havenā€™t drunk any alcohol since going keto then of course carnivoreā€¦but I have fallen a couple times usually thanks. To the huskies tripping me or when the leash brokeā€¦ so I def feel for you hope you didnā€™t do any damageā€¦

(Karen) #460

@JJFiddle you poor thing, I was going to ask what IPA was but realised it was something alcoholic by the content of your post. I would not say you were an alcoholic thoughā€¦ I was an alcoholic and not had a drop for 21 years ā€¦ you? No :relieved: hope your all over your dizziness now. I couldnā€™t bear feeling hungover ever again ā€¦ I lived hungover! The only hangover I get these days is when I havenā€™t slept for days, hate that feeling.

Well I have had a nice solitary day today. Pottered about with one thing and another, putting the dried washing away, reading in the garden (wow my current books are fab) went to the local shops to pick up a few odds n ends and of course stopped in a few charity shops and got myself a bunch of new tops and some leggings ā€¦ some sports ones and a pair of ordinary ones so when I got home I tried them on and wow the order are legging are a winner, so comfy, I even said thank you to the unknown person who had donated them lol. Got several comfy easy to wear tops too. Looked at some books but nothing caught my eye and I said to myself ā€˜you got plenty to readā€™ lol and left them. Now all I need to do is go through some of the stuff I am not wearing and probably never will. :roll_eyes:

Brunch was fairly early for me just before 11.30am and had a rump steak and 2 rashers of bacon. I seared just one side again and then as the rind was too chewy I cooked that a bit longer and finished that off. Picked up some more cockles and mussels while out and when I got home I had a few of the mussels before deciding what to cook for dinner ā€¦
Probably be another steak as thatā€™s all thatā€™s in the fridge with some more bacon.

@Fangs I agree we are quite alike and I have noticed that with a number of the regular carni peeps on here. Probably why I love this place so much, such a lot of common ground :heart: