Angel food clouds

(Barbara) #1

Love my sweets… trying experiments on finding foods I used to love …making it keto…
May want to try these…
2 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 1/2 tsp Torani ( sugar free French vanilla flavored syrup) found at Walmart
Beat until form peaks … spoon onto greased baking sheet .dip a small hole in each cloud for filling . 350 degrees… tips will turn golden brown when done. Watch closely cook up fast …
filling
Butter1/4 cup grass fed Kerrygold
Any flavor sugar free jello… about 1/4 of a 3oz box.
Beat until well blended… i spooned mixed into ziplock baggies… cut a small hole into corner … pipe this mixture into egg white clouds…
taste like like angel food cakes… full of Fat…
My carb counter does not register sugar fee jello or sugar free flavored syrup with any carbs… I have thoughts if not some horrific preservatives some hidden carbs… eat sparingly… however I devour the whole batch makes about 8 little clouds…
Keto on :upside_down_face:

(Candy Lind) #2

Sounds lovely. However …

One thing you’ll have to figure out is whether you react to artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols etc. with an insulin release. Sugar Free Jello contains maltodextrin, which, if I remember correctly, causes just as big an insulin spike as sugar in many people. If you’re eating sweet treats on a daily basis, this would be the first thing I’d stop eating, because it just might be the thing to stop weight loss dead in its tracks. This is especially critical if the sweets are not ingested at your meal time. Insulin control is EVERYTHING when you’re IR.

In addition, sweets cause cravings in sugar addicts (they sure do for me!). I can’t stop with one cloud, either.

If you have a BG monitor, you can test for an insulin release by ingesting ONLY a small amount of a sweetener, then testing every 30 minutes for 3 hours (I think it is). Watch for a BG drop, indicating an insulin release. Try searching for “testing sweeteners.” You’ll get several hits, I’m certain.

(Sophie) #3

Not all sugar free jello has Matlo in it. Certain flavors of some store brands (like Walmarts Great Value) have aspartame instead. It’s worth it to read the labels if you want jello.

(Barbara) #4

Thank you ladies for eye opening…
I ate these last night with a fat meal lost 1/2 lb…made me feel somewhat better since I ate them all…
I have been on ketos couple months… I want to make this diet my lifestyle don’t want to feel I am dieting… So trying to incorporate a few indulgent foods…
I used Wal-Mart brand which was aspartame.
I have Xylitol which I do use at times… from what I read no insulin spikes … everyone says something different…
I have heard monk drops don’t increase insulin either…
Always been a sweet eater have drastically took sugar out of my diet… Any sweet treats suggestions… yes I have made many fat bombs with coconut oil, cocoa butter… just had my fill of them…
How about fried butter… yum anyone try these…

(Candy Lind) #5

I nearly keeled over! This from the lady who eats around the big hunks of fat?? You may get the hang of this WoE yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:d

(Taleisha Collins) #6

I have made a batch of fat bombs with fruit punch protein powder instead of the chocolate and they taste pretty good :slight_smile:
Going to try making some with Torani SF syrups soon … the salted carmel is sooo yummy!!!
Also, what my husband and I call Fluff - heavy whipping cream, with flavored Torani syrup … it’s like eating clouds … LOL

I LOVE sweets and am working on finding new ways to create sweet treats now that I am doing this keto life thing :wink:

(Barbara) #7

Share your recipes …I love my sweets as well. Just trying to cut out as much dairy as possible…

(Taleisha Collins) #8

When I find one that works well, I will be sure to share.
As it is … the coconut oil and syrup separated during the freezing process… and OMG – yuck! It was just straight coconut oil, frozen in a chunk, with a layer of syrup frozen on the bottom :roll_eyes:

(Taleisha Collins) #9

@Herewego most of my treats tend to be dairy heavy for the fat, but I will try doing the mix with avocado instead and see how that goes. The key is to find something that the syrup will bind with before introduction of the coconut oil :wink:

(Barbara) #10

Any new recipes with avocado? You’re right I use heavy whipping cream in most of my recipes trying to cut back on dairy… any new ideals greatly appreciated…