Android Podcast App recommendations please!

Hi there… I’m after advice…:slight_smile:
I’m currently a Stitcher user but am looking for something with more functionality…
Can anyone recommend an Android podcast player app which doesn’t rack through mobile data, has an ability to download podcasts for playing whilst offline, has all the usual keto/fasting podcasts available. (Ketovangelist isn’t on Stitcher which is giving me FOMO!)

As a recent 2KD Patreon I’m also needing something that I can set up RSS feeds easily… something I’ve not done as yet.

If it is a free app that would be great, but happy to pay if the functionality fits the bill.

Has anyone got suggestions?

@richard you’ve mentioned you’re an Android user, can you share what podcast player you use? As you always say your not afraid of a little technical detail… I need some details lol…
I want to get setup and get ready for the RSS feed, exciting stuff, can’t wait!
Thanks.

(Rebecca) #2

@Clare I use BeyondPod. It allows you to download the podcasts and create playlists.

Thanks @becsta I’ll check it out! Do you know if it can be setup for RSS feeds?

(Dave Wells) #4

I like Podcast Addict. You can download podcasts for offline listening and I believe you can set up RSS feeds.

(Rebecca) #5

@Clare I’m not sure about the RSS feeds.

Thanks for recommendation @KetoBandito I’ll check it out.

(Richard Morris) #7

I use Pocket Casts from Shifty Jelly. It’s an Aussie company.

I use Podcast Republic. I has all the features you have mentioned and I really like it. 100% recommended.

(Jennifer Fawcett) #9

PocketCast.

(Jules Swart) #10

I second this! Podcast Republic has been my favorite for several years.

Thanks everyone for responding, I’ll check all your suggestions out, and get myself all setup for the growing 2KD family of podcasts!

I’m excited to be able to support and benefit from more awesome quality content from the 2KDs.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #12

Another vote for Podcast Addict. Does a good job overall.

Another vote here for PocketCasts. Although I haven’t compared it to some of the others mentioned, it does everything I want and gives you control over a boatload of features. I ditched Stitcher for it.