American Adults Just Keep Getting Fatter -NYT article

(Troy) #1

(Rob) #2

Yet they’ve never eaten less saturated fat…

(Hoteski) #3

Well no need to attack countries anymore . No need for war . Society politicians money and greed is doing it all by killing us with foods that do not satisfy our appetites. Sugar n carbs playing s big role in filling some people’s pockets and filling up other people’s jeans. When will the rest of the world work this out ???

(Bunny) #4

No Multi-saturated fats (omega 3-6-9)

Bread at fast food & restaurants; chained\establishments (like eating a substance called nothing that makes a nice biome symbiotic mess in the gut flora i.e. bleached flour and wheat flour not used within 48 hours of being milled)

Bread & meat is laced with HFCS and bleached sugar and flour stripped of 97 something trace minerals & elements?

And they wonder why people are obese???

How hard is that to figure out? SOMEBODIES GETTING KICK BACKS OR DOES NOT WANT TO BE ASSASSINATED? (If you think this statement is a wild conspiracy theory, think again?)

(Renee Slaughter) #5

Did anyone notice this paragraph
“In recent NAFTA negotiations, the Trump administration has proposed rules favored by major food companies that would limit the ability of the United States, Mexico and Canada to require prominent labels on packaged foods warning about the health risks of foods high in sugar and fat.”
Wow. And I thought it couldn’t get worse. I am understanding that food companies would not place warning labels on pseudo food?

(Rob) #6

Don’t you just love the “public health experts said they were alarmed that efforts to educate people about the health risks of a poor diet do not seem to be working”

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::face_vomiting:

I doesn’t not even occur to these cretins that their advice is the problem and it’s people’s attempts to adhere to it that is MAKING THEM SICK AND FAT!!!

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::skull:

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #7

Canada wants warning labels on junk foods, and the folks behind NAFTA want to block it.

Exactly what
I was going to say. Educate the public to do what exactly? Who will educate the educators

(Rob) #9

A forced bacon eating course at a keto re-education camp and a swift slap to the face to knock the stupid out of them. :flushed::wave:

Long live the ketocracy!! :vulcan_salute:

(Bunny) #10

Fascist corporate state will have to pry the hot bacon from my cold clenched fingers :hammer_and_pick::bacon::hammer_and_wrench:

(Candy Lind) #11

Pretty awesome, isn’t it? They just keep filling their pockets and we keep getting the shaft. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

while 5.6 percent were severely obese. (A severely obese youth is defined as being 120 percent above the 95th percentile of body-mass-index for age and gender.)

I’m still trying to figure out how 5.6% of people can be 120% heavier than 95% of the population. Are some people so heavy, they’re counted as 2 people, or are there 100.6% of people in the world?

My head hurts!